Keepers Of The House

Walking into our once humble abode I sighed looking around "Welcome Home" I whispered. Looking around Klaus called out "Our home. Once the pride of our family, now a flophouse." I turned to Elijah as he called out "Indeed, the mighty have fallen." Suddenly Hayley rushes in behind us carrying Hope. "Where's Vincent?" she called out. "Right here." he said and Hayley set Hope on the couch. "Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kid, you got to leave the city."

I sighed and walked over to Hope who looked at me with big eyes. "Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? Your city has lost its charm." Niklaus said and I groaned. "What he means to say is that we're very grateful, just help her and we'll leave." I called out, and Elijah then said "Just give us what we need, and we will do so, happily." I moved from beside her to behind her, as Vincent called out "Excuse me." moving passed Hayley and Elijah. I looked up as the crows called over us.

Vincent rubbed his hands together and said "Okay. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a." he finished chanting and Hope looked up at Hayley. "Mom?" I smiled, as Vincent said "That's it. Your little girl's purified." Vincent turned to leave and Klaus called out "Thank you." Vincent turned and said "Now look, the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city." I looked back at Hope and Hayley, as she smiles at Hope and says "Go see your daddy." Except when she went towards Klaus A crow squawks nearby while a dead one falls from the sky. They all begin to die around Hope.

"What is this?" Klaus called out, but Vincent just says "I don't know." Hayley grabbed Hope, and I covered my mouth with my hand. "Mom? Can you hear that? It's whispers. Saying a name. Over and over. "Kre Nah Han, Kre Nah Han"." Hope told us, and I sighed as Hayley turned to Vincent, "Vincent, what what is that?" Instead of Vincent answering I did, "It's a nearly forgotten dialect. It's Creole. It means "the Hollow". The Hollow is coming."

I sat back as I watched Niklaus pick up the dead birds putting them in a brown sack. "How is she?" He called out and I turned seeing Hayley. "Uh, the fever's back. But she's not in any pain. She's asking for you." She told him, and I bit my lip as he said "Well, make an excuse. I'd rather my daughter not know I've gone off to murder witches." I sighed, "We can not be reckless, Niklaus." Klaus turned to me and called out "And how would you have me respond? Should I delegate my child's safety to someone else?" I went to answer but Elijah did first, "Let me see what I can do."

Hayley just calls out 'And I will handle Marcel. Out of the three of us, I win Most Likely Not to Get Killed on Arrival. Whatever we're up against, it's as much his problem as is it ours." Niklaus just says "Leaving me to do what, exactly?" Hayley turns to him and snaps "Stay here and protect our daughter. Do not let anything or anyone near her." Niklaus went to go upstairs, and Hayley went to leave but Elijah grasped her arm, "A word of warning. The Marcel that you knew is gone. So, whatever he is now, he's no ally."

I made my way upstairs to see Hope and Niklaus in Nik's old room. He turned and saw my before ushering me in. I walked in and crawled in bed next to her. "Sale, That man, Vincent Mom said he was a witch. That he came to help me feel better. But I feel worse." I looked at Niklaus, as he said "I know. I know. But don't worry, because as we speak, your mother and your Uncle Elijah are working with Vincent to fix you up. So you just stay calm and they'll make everything all right." Hope looked from Klaus to me and back to Klaus. "Do you know what it is? The Hollow?" 

I bit my lip as Niklaus says "No, sweetheart I don't." Hope sighed, "It wants those other kids. I can feel them. I think it wants me, too." Niklaus looked at me, before we both look at Hope. "I am not gonna let anything take you. I promise you that. I'm going to keep you safe, always and forever." I smiled and nodded.

After Hope fell asleep against me Niklaus just fierce fully whispers, "I know you can hear me. I want you to listen. The heart which beats in your chest is a warrior's heart. The heart of a Mikaelson. Whatever hold this power has over you, it is nothing compared to your strength. Yours is a power greater than you know. Come on. Hope." I watched as Niklaus took off her bracelet I spelled to keep her powers at bay. Hope woke up, and her eyes shot open as she called out "Dad? I saw them. The other kids. They're so scared. Promise me if you ever see the blue lights, don't look at them." Niklaus and I looked at each other before promising Hope.

When Freya finally showed up Niklaus left, and I stayed with Hope, while Freya went to stir up a magical medicinal herbal remedy. I laid next to Hope and sighed running the back of my finger down her cheek. "My sweet little sister. I won't let them hurt you." I whispered. Freya came up stairs with the bowl of remedy she stirred up. When hope woke up with a gasp I called out "Hope." She hugged me tightly, as she said "We're not cold anymore."

Going back to my old room we decided that we will leave when Hope starts to feel better. I laid down to sleep and eventually dozed off only to wake up to Hope shaking me terrified. "Hope? whats wrong darling?" I asked and saw the terror in her eyes as she said "The Hallow is here."