Test Of Fire

"Pan... "Mernique was about to say when Halga took her arm and dragged her the other way to the woods. Why didn't he say anything? All he did was stare at her. Even when she told them about David. That explains her reaction to David appearing out of nowhere and to Carlos. Carlos was cursed? Which curse? Maybe they can reverse it. Some curses are easily reversed and other more complicated.

She was so pale when he saw her but he was so wrapped up in his own grief he didn't see her pain. He was also rude to her. Then he just stood there like a dumb fool just staring at her. He didn't mind that she knew him. Knew his secret name. It just something else they have in common. What brothered him was the Assassin. How come he didn't sense him? Or worse not  sensing that  Mernique was in danger?

This Assassin must be very powerful if he  could block out Pan's powers. Halga returned but this time alone. "I'm sorry about David. "Felix suddenly said. "Don't be. The man that did it would be sorry. "Pan replied narrowing his eyes at the darkness. He heard about the window incident when Mernique and Charlotte fought but didn't press. "Carlos was cursed badly. "Felix replied. "What? "Pan replied shocked. "The sleep of death. "Felix said and Pan lost the colour in his face.

No wonder Mernique looked so upset in his mind. Artemis appeared. He remembered David told him that he was once close to his family until one day they just drifted away. "Is this Phil... really dangerous? "She asked. There was grief and sorrow in her eyes. "Yes, he is one of them who wants to turn. "He said seeing her expression turn darker. "He will pay. "She hissed. "Indeed he will. "Pan agreed with her.

Rossa returned looking so pale and fragile. Her bodyguards were trailing behind her. She sat with her head in her hands. Roland himself was pale and looked sick. Sarien sat by her mother trying to comfort her. Kyla just sat next to her mother staring at the fire. No emotion on her face. Suddenly a hand on his shoulder made him turn around. Wendy was standing behind him.

She was very strange to him.  She was kind to him. She didn't hate him anymore.  "Are you on Neverland at last? " She asked with a familiar warm smile. "Sorry. "He mumbled. He knew someone was talking to him but he jusy ignored the voice. "I'm sorry about your loss. I know how close you and David Hunter were."She said softly. He nodded not knowing what to say. Suddenly his curiosity couldn't take it anymore. "Why are you so nice to me? "He asked suspiciously. "What are you talking about? "She asked confused.

"You hated me... now your kind to me? "He asked narrowing his eyes at her. She looked away. "I was wrong. You did change. You aren't that... monster I remember. Mernique was right. I always wanted to see this side of you Pan. The side I knew you had. "She didn't look at him. "Are you apologizing? "Pan asked folding his arms over his chest. "Yes. I am truly sorry for judging you. "She said then looked up at him sheepishly.

"You wouldn't be the first. "He said with a ghost of a smile. What did he feel for Wendy? Did he still love her? Suddenly his memory dwelled on Mernique. The pain and sorrow she looked at him. She thought he blamed her for what happend. Why was love always complicated?

......................................................

Mernique opened her eyes again. Where was she? Suddenly she felt her feet hit something unsteady. She saw she was on the beam. Seriously? She hated height's. Alright she should cross to the other side. She slowly balanced her feet on the beam. She swallowed hard trying hard not to look down. She heard crashing of the waves on the rocks. Which means there is either the ocean or rocks beneath her.

She knows which one is more likely. The wind was blowing against her trying to push her off the beam. She gritted her teeth and kept putting one foot in front of the other. Suddenly she heard a strange noise. She didn't look down but only tried walking faster without losing her balance. Her next step was air and she fell to the ground. She grabbed a piece of the beam.