Training

Mernique woke up a sudden jerk. With a thump she fell on the ground. "Ow... "She moaned rubbing her sore elbow. "Wake up Rose,  time for training. " A voice echoed. She slowly stood up and saw Pan's figure standing there. He looked very amused. "Alright give me five minutes? "She asked and he nodded in agreement still chuckling under his breathe.

She changed into  her shorts and white tank top. She putt on black combat boots and tied her hair in a ponytail. She met Pan outside the hutt.  They first started of with some running. Pan said he wanted to build my speed and flexibility. We ran a good 5 miles were I could keep in pace with him.

Afterwards my lungs were burning and I had to slow my pace a bit. Mernique was never really an athlete on school. She once did tennis but then lost the time to do it further.

She never did track and field. She always made the audition but never the teams. For then they put all the fast kids together. She is lucky enough to always make it sixth  just one belowe to make the team.

Pan at least slowed his pace with her after running a head of her. When they both reached to an stop. She felt like she nearly would collapse. "What.... Does.... Running.... Have... To... Do with... Fighting? "She asked catching her breath. If she has adrenaline yes then she can run fast and long but without adrenaline? 

She could only run 5 miles top.  He tried to hide his chuckling. She glared at him. He cleared his throat" Well it would come in handy when the enemy is bigger, stronger and powerful. Plus it would improve your flexibility so you can fight more faster and powerful. "He stated it like it was the most logical  thing in the world.

"Would... You...  run? "Mernique asked. Pan was shocked at her question. She already knew the answer but wanted him to say it. "No... But there is a big difference.  I have a lot better fighting skills than you... Plus I have to protect my boys and I'm the leader. It's my responsibility to take them on. It's not that bad it's actually.... Fun. "He gave her a devious smile.

Mernique was surprised at Pan's thought's.  All she could do is nodding her head in agreement. Pan then showed her the basic punch, kick and block. He would also throw a combo and a mix. Next it was weapons.

"A dagger is the easiest weapon to wield but also most dangerous. You can  use one hand to yield it for it's not an heavy weapon. "He said. He reached out his hand and she knew he asked for the dagger. She reached it out of her boot and gave it to him. "Nice hiding place." He said pointing at her boots " That's what I like about daggers. You can easily hide it. Now... " He said continuing. He showed her a few techniques. She did well except for the last one. She struggled to shift the wait in her hand enough.

"Here... " Pan said and wrapped his hand around hers. He showed her properly then she tried and it was a success. The next was sword where Pan just said the word and the dagger transformed into a long, sharp sword. She stared at it in surprise.

Pan smirked. "Now a sword is a lot heavier than a dagger. This one does more damage than a dagger. "With a flick of the wrist he sliced one of the trees in half. "Let me show you. "He handed her the sword. He went behind her and told her to hold the sword. He swifted her hands that she held it properly. He then wrapped his hands around hers than he swung it. She was surprised how really heavy it was. He showed her blocks and also a few techniques.

Soon it was the arrow. She always wanted to learn how to be an archer. Her sword soon turned into a golden bow. Pan carved a target into the tree. He took 3 arrows and with one swift motion fire each one in the bulls eye circle.

She watched him in awe. How he pulled the arrow and bow it effortless strength. The people that did do archery told her that you have to have strength to pull that arrow.