Neverland's Core

They were silently following the steep trail. It will lead us to a portal to portal us in. According to Pan the flame's of Neverland are so hot that one wrong miscalculation of the portal. You'll be toasted.

It isn't a long walk Pan had said. She wondered what must she do with this boy?  The way he makes her feel is no crush but he is Peter Pan for goodness sake! He doesn't need distractions. But she doesn't know her head and heart are disagreeing with her. Maybe she should just go with the flow and see what happens. Most peopel in live do that. Why is relationships so complicated? Ok they are not in a relationship but still... It feels as complicated as one.

She has to talk with Charlotte. Tell her everything, Charlotte is a great listener. "  Did you know that Neverland's Core is made out of a dragon flame?  " Pan spoke suddenly startling her out of her thoughts. "No I did not. Do you have the dragon flame? "She asked curious. For Pan is linked with the island so? "Yes,  for I am one of the three dragon master. "Pan said with a grin.

"That explains why  you and the island have a connection. "She said stating the obvious.  He nodded, grinning a bit. "Why is the portal so far? "She asked curious for she was certain they walked for an hour.

He smiled "Why? Getting tired already? "He said teasing her. "No... Just curious. "She said shrugging. "It's just easier so no one finds the entrance. Only your grandfather and father ever knew the where the core was. That is to keep everyone and Neverland safe. "He explained.

Mernique doesn't mention it but she sometimes wondered what it was like to grow up in Neverland. To have walked on this ground, swim, run. Climbing the trees, training with the boys. She would then have been the best warrior on Neverland.

But she would have never met Charlotte then. Her best friend. She was glad of their friendship even if it's weird and crazy sometimes. Which is how they like it.  Suddenly Mernique realized Pan's pace became slower nearly stopping.

She saw him clutch his side over the mark that glowed. His face was normal but his eyes was in agony. Mernique stopped and walked back to him. "What's wrong? "She asked concerned. She swear Pan was a lot paler then he was before.

"Nothing.... Thought I saw something... "He said shrugging acting like she hasn't noticed his slow pace. She wasn't going to push him plus she knows he is just as stubborn as Charlotte. He will not admit that something is wrong.

She sighed, turning around. She did slower her pace to stay by his side. He didn't say anything now again but she watched him from the corner of her eye. His colour returned and he didn't walk so slow anymore.

Soon they reached a giant gateway. It was bathed in gold but just looked like a golden ring standing in the middel of the forest than a portal.

She looked at it skeptical, then she turned to Pan. "Is this the portal? "She asked pointing at the Golden ring. "Yes. "Pan grunted.  She still wasn't  sure... She saw Pan held out his hands as a small green flame danced on his fingers.

He then shot his hand forward to the portal and it blended with gold. It glowed activating, the portal. It's doorway wasn't empty anymore but bathed in gold magic. Swirling like water. It almost looked like a giant golden mirror. She stared at it in awe. Charlotte would have loved this.

"Ready to go? "He asked reaching his hand out to her. She couldn't stop the smile forming and took his hand gratefully. She would admit she didn't know if she would step through this monstrous thing alone...

Even though she hate to admit it but she felt safe and reasure that he was going with her through and that they weren't going separate. His hand laced with hers the warm of his hand comforting against her ice cold skin. Why was he so warm?

He lead them through and as they stepped through the golden sparks danced around them. Heat was everywhere and she could only see a blinding gold light. She gripped Pan's hand a little harder just to reassure herself and him that they were still at each others side.

The feeling turned to something else. The warmth rose through fire and she felt her stomach drop as they suddenly fell into the golden flames....

......................................................

Going through portals wasn't always Pan favorite thing in the world but it's the only way you could get to Neverland's core.  They didn't have to get go together but.... actually Pan just wanted an excuse to touch her.

The force off the portal was so strong it ripped her away from him. He landed on his feet just a few feet away from the steaming core. He looked anxious around. Then she he heard the portal reappeared.

He saw her stumble out and nearly into the firing pit of Neverland. Luckily he caught her flung his arm around her waist just in time before she could fall in.  "Ok... That was a little close for my comfort.... "She said peering over his shoulder into the firing pit.

He shook his head " No kidding... Forgot to warn you that you can teleport right in the pit. " He saw her eyes went wide and she shook her head at him.  The stinging pain returned again. Someone tampered with the core Pan knew it. Well he felt it. He crouched down to check the core.

It's flame was very dim and burning low. Something wasn't right. Pan felt the Island was weak which made him feel weak. "Uh... Pan? " Mernique's voice echoed through the warm cave. "Yeah? "Pan asked still crouching near the pit to weak to stand up.

What is wrong with him? He looked over to see Mernique was standing across from him the flames dancing on her face. She was also crouched and her hand was touching the side of the core. It came away stained green.

"Is the core  suppose to have green goop around the it?" She asked staring at her hand. He looked down to see if their was any green goop near his side. Huh... There was!  How did he miss that? He reached to touch it then he smelled it. Just as he thought. Ivory.

It's a very tricky and powerful potion. It can harm any Dragon warrior if it swallows it. It is poison to them. This wasn't good epically because it is the Hunters specialty the Ivory. They have that plant growing in their kingdom.

No wonder they won so easy, their goal was never to keep Charlotte captivate. It would also explain why the girl was so confuse and emotional. It is alos very toxic to humans. Infact deadly.  How did she survive that? Something isn't right here...

Charlotte was just the bait.  It was to invade Neverland. And they lead them right in....