Dark Warning

Pan silently followed the Healer while Mernique walked in step beside him. She was silently staring ahead while rubbing her arms. He was surprised to find her at the doorway. He didn't expect her to go looking for him. He wanted to be alone to gather his thoughts. He could sense she was worried about him. He felt it like a tiny needle poking his skin. He couldn't stop thinking about what she said so to him.

He was surprised. No matter what he said she kept on defending him. Most of all she kept on talking about Wendy as if she knew it bothered him. To be fair there was something else bothering him.

Mernique was unease the whole time she talked to him. First it was some sort of sadness. Then right before the Healer came she looked horrified. He could sense the fear waving off her. She went pale and stared at something behind him. He wanted to turn around but something told him just to keep his gaze on her. That her face mattered more than any creature or thing behind him.

He knew Mernique. She isn't afraid of something so easy. She took hunters out without breaking a sweat, battled pirates, survived being capture and tortured. She has fear but not fear like that. It looked like her world was crashing down. She looked terrified.

Whatever it was it still has a good grip on her. He didn't need to sense it to see it. Pan didn't know what to think about Wendy. Suddenly appearing out of nowhere on Black Ship's. Why didn't he sense her near the island? That's what caught him most of gaurd. Beside the fact that Wendy hates him very much. He knew he did horrible things to her but that horrible?

Wendy once admired him like Mernique did. He shivered at the thought that Mernique might hate him someday. No, she couldn't, because if she did it would destroy him. He couldn't help glancing at Mernique. Her head was still staring ahead but her eyes made contact with his. There was that same spark he felt every time she looked at him.

He had to stop himself from grinning. "She is very confused still. Mernique maybe you should talk to her since you have no history with her. "He said over his shoulder while coughing out those last words. Pan frowned at him. He doesn't want Mernique to go near her. He didn't want her to corrupt Mernique. Telling her lies. No, Mernique is smarter and knows him better than that.

"Are you sure your up to it? "She suddenly whispered in his ear and he felt a warm tingle down his spine. "Of course. Pan never fails. "He said to her with a grin. She laughed softly while rolling her eyes playfully at him. They were nearing the infirmary. He had never imagined this in a million years. He never thought he would ever see her again.

The infirmary was in view. It was very quite and no one was near. Mernique sighed while looking at the shadows. The unease within her returned. He reached over and gently placed his hand on her arm. Her head shot to him. The unease faded and he saw her face turn red. He wonders what is it that keeps on bothering her.

When they entered the infirmary hot air suddenly blew on his skin. The Healer stretched his hands out and shook his head. This is as far as he go. Pan felt highly irritated. If he didn't even let him in the building then Pan would have given him a head smack. He leaned against the wall making sure he is well blended in the shadows. Mernique walked towards the bed Wendy was lying on.

As if sensing she is there she opend her eyes. They went wide and she stared at Mernique. "Hello Wendy. "Mernique said with her warmest smile. "Mernique? You brought me here? Oh, wait it was Pan. "She slumped back against the wall behind her. "Yes. You fainted. What did you except him to do? Leave you there? "She asked with a blank face.

Wendy snorted. "Yes. "Mernique frowned at her. "He didn't so that is telling you something. "Mernique pointed out. Wendy remained silent. "How are you feeling? "She asked changing the subject. "Better thank you. "She replied with a small smile. "That's good to hear. For I have some bad news. "Mernique said softly and watched Wendy's reaction.