Blood Ties

Sarien woke up a few times in the night with an awful pain. The pain in her side and it didn't stop. She tossesed and turned all night. Finally when dawn came she decided to get up. Her whole body was sore and she quickly changed out of yesterdays clothes and in to new ones. She opened her door to let the cold morning air in.

She slipped down the ladder and slowly walked towards the healing center. She heard faint voices on the far side. Sarien stood infornt of the building. Either she made things better or worse. She slowly opened the door and peaked inside. She closed the door behind her and walked slowly to Felix's bed. She stopped halfway. It was empty. She started to panic.

When the bed is empty like that either the patient recovered or he was dead. She felt an ice cold chill spread on her body. No, it can't be. He couldn't be it would have helped him not kill him. She couldn't have killed him. The Healer walked in and stopped when he saw her. "Hello Sarien... "He stopped and looked so grim. His face said a million things. Felix is dead. What had she done?

She felt a sob built up. The Healer looked at her in panic. "Sarien? Are you... crying? "He asked looking uncomfortable. It didn't matter. She didn't want his sympathy or his speech how he tried everything. She let the tears fall. "Sarien... "He began but fell silent. Sarien heard his footsteps dissapeared outside. Sarien wiped a hand over her face to dry the tears. "Sarien? "A voice spoke. She felt someone touch her shoulder lightly. She flinched but didn't turn around to see who it was.

It was probably the Healer who felt bad for leaving a crying girl. She felt another light touch on her shoulder and felt the person turn her around. Sarien nearly wanted to slap the Healer. Doesn't he get it she just wants to be alone for a little while. When she came face to face with the person she felt her heart stopped.

"Felix? "She said her voice shaking . His brows were furrowed and he was staring at her. She suddenly blinked as if she was waking up. "Felix! "She sighed relieved. She tackled him, wrapping her arms around his neck. He yelped and staggered back nearly losing his balance. He laughed softly. " I was only gone a day and you already missed me? "He teased her.

She slapped his shoulder "Don't you ever scare me like that again! Or I swear I'll kill you myself! "She narrowed her eyes at him. "It wasn't completely my fault. "He defended himself. She shook her head. She was so glad he was ok. Maybe her falme did work on him. She saved his life. She saved him.

......................................................

Mernique felt something warm touch her face. She slowly opened her one eye and then the other. She felt fresh after getting some sleep. She turned her head to nearly struck someone else's. Pan was lying back, his legs outstretched and where she was holding him with both her arms he had his arm around her shoulder as if to keep her close to him. She felt her face go warm. Why does she always end up in these situations with him?

Why did he have to be so soft as well? She carefully entangled his arm from her shoulders and stood up carefully. She was stretching. She looked at Pan and swore he opened his one eye which was closed again. He wasn't smiling a few minutes ago. She crouched next to him. She was inspecting any sign of him being awake.

She was about to stand up when he grabbed her suddenly. She didn't see it coming. She shrieked and lost her balance. She fell on his lap, colliding with his chest. She felt her face getting warmer. "Why did you do that? "She asked trying to hide her face otherwise he'll tease her. "I wanted to see your reaction. "He said smiling mischievously at her and chuckled when she turned her face away fromd him.

"How long were you up? "She asked curiosly wondering if he was just waiting for her to wake up so he didn't disturb her. "Not too long. "He said with a wicked smile. "And I almost felt bad for I thought I woke you up. "She said shaking her head. "Did you get any sleep? " she asked curiosly. He nodded. She thought of Felix. He must be suffering so much. She could tell Pan is still worried about him.