The Trial

Mernique didn't sleep much. Her shoulder was to painful and her stomach. Halga gave medicine that is suppose to help but it didn't yet. The trial was this afternoon and her heart was hammering. He is her brother. She knew it wasn't him. She decided to were her gear and wrap a bandage around her shoulder and stomach. By tommorw she can heal properly again then the wounds would fade away.

Mernique wanted to see her brother. She saw Blade give her a worried glance. She patted his shoulder and he took her to her brother. She stopped mid way. He was in a cage! Hanging from a tree. They lowered him to the ground. "Roland! "She said relieved. "Mernique? "Her brother whispred relieved. She knelt down and saw her brother crawl to her. The cage was too small. "Your okay. I was so scared I... "He didn't look her in the eyes.

She reached her hands through the bars and he gripped her hand. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know what I was doing. "He said staring at the cut on her cheek. He squeezed her hand harder. "I know brother. I know it wasn't you. "She whispered and her brother gently touched her face. Felix suddenly rattled the cage. She shot him a warning look and would have stood up when Roland grabbed her shoulder. She bit down her scream as he grabbed tje bandaged one.

"Don't. Its okay. Its their job. "He said and she look at Felix. He shrugged apologetic and nodded his head. She stomped over to him. "Was the cage nescarry? "She demanded. Felix looked at her side ways. "Yes,  unfortunately Pan's orders. "He said and she saw the sadness he had in his voice. "I'll see you soon okay? "He said with a goofy smile as if he wasn't going to stand trial.

She soon followed the group of people. She was soon led to the far end of Neverland in a weird forest. She saw her sister and family gathered in the crowd. There was also a group of people sitting in high chairs. They all looked young but something dangerous geleamed behind their eyes. They were sapphire yellow and she swore one flicked their tongue out.

Mernique saw Pan and Felix stand next to the Dragon Council. Mernique slipped to the far back where no one would see them. "Order. Order. The trial will begin. "One of them said hissing and everyone fell silent. "Bring out the prisoner. "The other one commanded. She saw Senique on  the Council as well.

They heard footsteps and saw her brother was tied in ropes and Felix moved to stand next to him and so did Pan. "Roland Rose. You are accused of using Draco dark magic and tried to kill Mernique Rose. "The oldest one said. "And you are also accused of being the Assassin. "He continued. Her mouth fell open and she saw her bother went paler.

"What do you plead? "Another woman hissed. "Yes, I nearly killed my sister but I didn't even know I was doing it but... I am not the Assassin! "He said and saw the plea in his eyes. "This is madness! He is not the Assassin! There is no proof! "Senique came to defending him. "Well the Assassin had Dragco abilities and it isn't a coincidence that Roland had the same abilities? "He asked Senique.

"He was there when the Assassin attacked! How can he be in two places at the same time? "Senique asked her face red with anger. "One of the Draco's power is to cast illusions. He could have casted an illusion and then become the Assassin. It says how he could get in and out of Neverland. "He said rubbing his eyes. "Roland isn't good at magic! His skills is by his weapons! Roland wasn't even on Neverland when the Assassin struck the first time. "Senique protested.

"You don't think its strange after the Assassin tried to kill Mernique, Roland tried again to kill Mernique while they were sparring? "He asked titling his head. Mernique felt her anger boil over. "No. He wanted to strike Pan but Mernique stood in his way. "Senique replied. "He knew she cared deeply for her master and would do anything to protect him. Wouldn't you protect your master? He knew she would rise to defend him. "He asked raising his brows.