Temple Of Fire

Mernique fell in the dark nothingness. She tried to see what happened what triggered it. Then suddenly she felt the hard ground  crashing into her back.

The impact was so hard she had to cough to get air back in her lungs. She pulled herself up in a sitting position. Charlotte was rubbing her elbow. Sarien was on her feet standing near a bright light. Mernique held up her hand to block the light out of her eyes.

She slowly got up to her feet and walked right beside Sarien and Charlotte did the same. "Is everyone alright? "Mernique asked looking at both of them. "Yes. "Charlotte said bluntly and started stretching her sore arms. Sarien only nodded still staring  infront of her.

Mernique followed her gaze and blinked twice to see. There was a beautiful large white temple right infornt of them. It seemed to glow as the sun was coming up. " Amazing... "She breathed and stared in awe at the temple.

"I forgot the cave entrance. "Sarien shrugged. Mernique looked back and saw they were standing in a cave. Charlotte snorted. Mernique felt like she was here before even though this is her first time here.

Sarien gestured for them to follow. Mernique walked carefully as if she is savoring the moment. The whole place felt alive and happy. It gives off that glow. They walked infront of the temple.

Mernique suddenly realized. This is the moment. She finds her sister. The one person who cares... Sarien turned around towards them. "I'm going in alone. You can't handel the heat inside it. " Sarien said hurriedly at her protesting friends.

"Heat? You mean like an oven or that their are trails in there that we can't handel... "Charlotte said challenging Sarien. Sarien shook her head. "No I mean you would be burn to a crisp. It's better if I go alone I know the place better. I can avoid the booby traps easy. It won't take that long... A few minutes in and out. "Sarien said walking up the stairs ignoring her protesting friends.

Mernique would have pointed out she is a Dragon Warrior she can handel it but she knew Sarien know the temple and it's ways. She'll keep Charlotte company. This would really only take a few moments. Great than at least she doesn't have to explain to Pan why she was gone so long...

......................................................

Sarien slowly walked up the steps remembering as a child how excited she was to be here. She would always run up the stairs her father right on her heels.

Her heart ached. The good old days... She ran her fingers across the door.  It was a giant door that stretched three meteres in the sky.

The door was bathed in golden patterns and white marbles. She runned her fingers the pattern. She could hear the soft whispers of the laughter that was once there. Feel the powerful force of the dragon wings  sored through the skies.

How times have changed... How this place fell in ruins. It is as if this place fell apart the day her father died. She shook her head. He would be proud... Of both of them.

She pressed her hand against the door. She let the flame she buried years ago come back to life. The door rattled and it flung open. She slowly stepped in the darkness. The torches lit up and they casted theyre lights down the long passage.

She took a deep breathe in she walked along the long corridor. She stereched her hand out and felt the stone wall beneath her fingers.

She heard the faint sound of giggling. The last time she was here... Everything seemed perfect now it seems... Complicated. Soon a few doors stretched across the hallway. She felt her stone calling to her. It will always be a part of her if she wants to know it or not.

She followed the sense she felt. She stood infront of a massive door imprinted with a golden dragon. Dagon Masters. She took a deep breathe and she opened the door.  The door opened with a creak.

The room was dark with only little light lit from the candle. The room was chilly as if it was snowing inside. In the chamber there was books, scrolls, paintings, spells and so much more.

In the middel of the room stood the two crystals. She walked slowly to it. There where 5 stands. The names written in gold. Frank Rose, William Rose, Roland Rose. She found her name. Sarien Rose. Every stone had it's own unique colour. Her father always told her.

She remember her Grandfather's stone was scarlet red. Her father's was dark blue. She only seen her brother's stone once and it was orange.

Sarien looked at her stone. It was bright purple. She stared at her stone as it  shine brightly, sensing her presence. She hesitated to scared to reach out. It's been nine years. Nine years she painfully shut her powers out and now? 

Will they even come back so quick? She sighed and let her fingers wrap around the cold stone. She felt a volt of power run in her veins. It was so powerful she nearly fell to the ground. Her power is returning.

The stone was no longer ice cold but shinning brightly and was burning with heat. The stone then cooled down. The flame was awakened. She thought at something her father told her.  She looked at her sisters stone. Mernique Rose. Her stone was glimmering.

It was a yellow sapphire colour. She reached out and carefully placed in her palms. She did it! She is going to get her sister back! Seeing the stones it made her rememeber her promise to someone.

She took out the small charm Felix had giving to her. She placed her hand over it. She felt it glow and closed her eyes. She felt the charm vibrate with heat. Felix? She sent through her mind. She didn't have to wait long before she felt someone's presence in the darkness of her mind.

Warm and comforting. Felix.... Sarien? Where are you? Are you alright?  She smiled at him. He was worried about her. She suddenly missed him. His sarcastic charm and laughter. She gripped the charm harder as if it would make him appear now right  infront of her.

Yes, I'm fine. We reached the temple in one piece. We'll be on our way back.  She sent through her mind. She could almost sense his smile at his next words.That was fast. Sarien laughed. You know me, I keep good pace to get the job done. She sent. Well we would accept your arrival with welcome arms. Luckily Pan didn't get suspicious yet... He is still sleeping. Be safe and contact me if something happens ok?

She smiled at how stern he was now. Yes, the poor girls they haven't slept yet but they were very useful. We won't be that long... See you soon. She sent then felt the heat fade. The connection was cut. She sighed and put the charm back in her pocket.

She gripped the stones tight. She started to feel exhausted herself. She hurried out the temple through the long passages and hallways. The giant doors opening once again with a creak. They were old even when they look brand new...

Sarien hurried down the stairs. "Mernique! Charlotte! "She called out to them surprised not to see they weren't at the end of the stairway. She looked rapidly around her.

"I found it! "She said wondering if they didn't hear her. She felt something was wrong... Suddenly a crash of pain hit at the back of her head. Her head throbbed and she tried to not tumble over  She heard laughter as she crumpled to the ground. The darkness sweeping over her like a cloud and the stones falling from her hands. She only heard laughter as she faded away becoming one with the darkness...