Legends Never Die

Mernique scooped her youngest brother Carlos in her arms. He was very pale now. She didn't see other injuries but she must be sure. Sarien and Roland slowly stood up, trying to keep in pace with her. The sky's cleared showing that it was now near sunset. How long have they been in that labyrinth? That man played them from the start but what haunted her were the visions.

Although they didn't feel like visions but like memories. Things she has seen before. "Mernique! What happend? "Her sister called to her and tried to catch up. When Sarien  walked next to her she looked down at Carlos. "How is he? "Sarien asked and looking at her. Mernique was trying to get her brother far away from there. He was so pale and she was sure his breathing stopped.

"Something is wrong. I just feel it. "Mernique said and saw camp closing in. "Mernique... I never seen anyone with so much power ... the legends... "Sarien said and stopped in her tracks. She will comfort her sister but she needs to take care of Roland. She shouldered the door open and the Healer looked at her wide eyes. "What the... "He said and she gently put him on the medical bed.

"What happend? "He asked. He peered for any injuries. "We were attacked. I found him like this."She said her voice shaking. "He doesn't have serious physical injuries but he... he is trapped in his mind. The sleep like death. Its a deadly curse. "He muttered. "What? "Mernique said feeling the room lightly spinning. "He... He won't wake up.  Not unless the person who casted it on him reverses it. "He said then looked up at her. "Could he die? "She asked hopeful. He looked at her with sympathy.

"Imagine you just sleep the whole time, without eating, drinking? Will you die? A person can only last without water for three days. "He said and she heard a tiny sob escape her. "Don't worry. Luckily I will give him food and water on a drip. "He said with a uncomfortable smile. She nodded but stepped away. She needed air. She ran outside. She swallowed the lump in her throat.

Why her little brother? A curse? Her dad is luring her in a trap. "Mernique? "She heard her brother's voice. He suddenly embraced her. " How is he? "He asked. Mernique couldn't stop a few tears falling down. "No... Don't tell me... "He said his voice breaking. She shook her head. "No... He is alive... He is cursed... With the sleep of death..." She struggled to get the words out.

His face paled. "No... "He whispered. "The Healer told me... that the only way to reverse it... is... to find the person who casted the spell. "Mernique suddenly cried. Seeing her brother and now Henry. It was her job to protect him. She failed him. She trembled. Her brother placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "He'll be okay. We will find a way to reverse this curse. "He said with a comforting smile. She nodded. "Let's go back to camp. There is nothing we can do here. Only make the pain and guilt grow. "He said shaking his head.

She nodded and she walked beside her brother. They were silent but only because she was too exhausted to talk. There was a small fire and then she heard laughter. She saw Felix laughing. Sarien wasn't by his side. Weird. Suddenly she saw her sister approach. "Mother is going to kill me. "She muttered. "Relax you two will be fine. "Roland said then casually walked to the camp. Mernique and Sarien followed him.

Mernique saw her mother with Pan in a small group at the center of camp. Her mother stopped laughing. "Where have you three been? "Her mother glared at them. "Sorry mother. We kept having a tie  and got carried away. "He said and gave her a wicked grin. She looked questioningly at him. He grabbed her arm and hissed in her ear. "She told me she wanted to tell us something. She might be against it if we tell her of Carlos being attacked? Not to metoin being cursed. Wait after this meeting then we'll tell her. Got it? "He said and Mernique nodded.

She knew how it would upset her mother. We turned back to mother. Sarien, Felix, Wendy and Pan looked at them questioning their speech. Mother laughed softly. "You two were always so competitive. "Mernique knew her mother believed her. "Yeah, who knew girls could fight? "He said chuckling when she elbowed him. Her brother turned to his guards. Mernique walked over to Pan and silently sat next to him. Wendy had a hand on his shoulder.