Untold Truth

Sarien was walking around the forest. She was not tired yet and decided to take a walk. When she was done exploring she turned back to the camp.

She was walking through the medical shacks where those who where critically injured is. She was almost at her home when she hear a massive smash of a door. She spun around and saw it was Felix walking away angrily from one of the medical shacks.

Charlotte was standing outside leaning against the shack with wide eyes. Maybe she should go after Felix. He was there for her when she needed a friend. He was actually the only one who was there for her when she lost her sister.

He didn't like her the first time she came but they build their friendship slowly from playful games to sparing. She was 8 when she lost her sister. She could still remeber that day.

(9 years ago)

She still can't believe it. It happened in a flash. Sarien tried to dragg her little sister. Drag her away of the Hunters. The Hunter's knew their location and they were hunting their prey. Mernique was only 5. Five!  After the King released his wolf on her, which only bit her in the shoulder. She saw Mernique release her flame.

Yes, it was too powerful for a small person to carry. Mernique burst into flame and the flames was everywhere. She soared to the sky and released it all. She was there then gone.

Mother explained it as the fire has consumed her. Tears sprung to her eyes. She tried so hard. So hard to protect her. She was gone. She was so happy, cheerful, kind and innocent.

She just lost her grandfather now...  Mernique too.  She didn't even have the time to give proper goodbye.  She sank to the floor and sobbed.

Do you know what was cruel?  How lightly her mother is takening her sister's death. No signal tear shed. No...  mother is grieving in her own way.

She didn't come out of her room. She didn't want to deal with Pan's attitude. She didn't come out to eat. She just stayed in her room, crying.

Nobody care and she was fine with it. It gives her time to grieve. Sarien had a headache from all the crying. She also felt lightheaded and weak.

A sudden soft knock made her stand up. She peeked through the window. Felix?! What is he doing here? She and Felix was slowing down their friendship. He is a very difficult person.

"Yes? "She answered behind the door. She didn't want him to see her like this. Weak and fragile plus he wouldn't understand... no one understands.

"I need to talk with you... "Felix said behind the door. "Shouldn't you be training with Pan? "She asked curious. Felix was Pan's new pupil. She saw Felix shake his head "We already did... "He said through the door.

She cursed under her breathe. What now? "Is it urgent? "She asked wondering why someone would come. "Yes... "Felix answered. Sarien hesitated. "Sarien! Open up! "He said banging impatiently at the door.

"Sarien!  You open up or I break down the door your choice. "He said impatient. She sighed giving up. She slowly opened the door. Felix was the same height as her.

When Felix saw her face his annoyed  face softened. "What's wrong? "He asked concerned . She shook her head. "Nothing... "She said in a husky voice. It's from all the crying.

He raised his one eyebrow. "Really? Do you think I'm stupid? "He said folding his arms. She stared at him. "If you want to hear the sappy story... fine. Come in. "She said opening the door so he could brush past her.

Felix first looked a little wary to be in her room. She sat on the floor leaning against the wall. Felix sat next to her. She told him everything from the start. He listened patiently. After the story she felt worse.

She burst into tears. Sobbing softly into her knees. "Hey... Don't cry... "Felix said softly and pulled her towards him. She sobbed softly against him. He held her and tried to say comforting words.

In that moment she really liked Felix. After that he tried cheering her up. Playing games, making her win on purpose and cracking jokes. She still felt the dark void in her chest but she felt better.

Felix was there for her. She would never forget this.

And she never did. She suddenly realized he never told her what he wanted to say to her that day. Felix was there for her she needs to be there for him.

She followed his trail. She saw him standing on a cliff staring at the oscean. She slowly walked up towards him. She saw his shoulders trembling, he is shaking. Then she heard him sob softly.

"Felix... "She whispered. He spun around. "Sarien? "He said in a husky voice. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "What happened? Is it Pan? "She whispered fearing the worst.

He shook his head. "He looks worse... what if? What if? "He couldn't say it. She slowly reached out towards him. She wrapped her arms around his back. Rubbing it softly.

He was suprised at first but then he sank into her. His hole weight crashing onto her. He wrapped his arms around her. She felt him sob. She stood there.

She placed her chin on his shoulder. She felt horrible. She knows how he feels. She was there. Pan got him through a lot. That is his brother, the person that practically raised him. The only person that he has as family who still cares. Soon Felix was calm only holding her.

It was surprising how they were the same age but he was two feet longer than her. It wasn't weird even... As if she fitted perfectly in his arms.  Then something struck her.

Mother never grieved Mernique's death... Never visited her grave. She didn't even know when she died. Sarien rememebered... 23 October 2008. Sarien felt cold. She shivered. Something is not right.

"Are you cold? "He asked his breathe on her ear. She was about to answer when he released her. She actually felt sad when he let her go. His body was warm against her.

Then he stripped his jacket off and  placed on her shoulders. She felt a blush appear on her cheeks luckily it was dark. He went back to staring at the oscean.

She wrapped her one arm against his shoulder. She placed her head on his shoulder to let him know she was there.
She closed her eyes. Welcoming the soft breeze. She didn't even knew she had fallen asleep against his shoulder.

......................................................

Felix just stared at the crashing waves. Letting his mind wonder. Of everyone he is glad Sarien is here. He noticed she had fallen asleep on his shoulder. He wanted to laugh but kept it in scared of waking her up.

He didn't even know people can stand and sleep. He really appreciate it.  That she was with him. Something isn't right here... Why does it feel like this is only  phase one off the Hunters plan. Why does it feel like someone is watching them? 

His warrior skills suddenly creeping out he wrapped his arm around her steadying her. He then lifted her up in his arms. Carrying her to her room. He swear shadows were following him in the darkness...