Journey To The Temple Of Fire

Mernique hated to leave Pan now. But this is her chance to know if Sarien is alive... Besides she couldn't take Pan in his condition.

She grabbed her gear and went outside. Sarien said this would only be a days journey. By tommorw they would be back. They would be hardly gone... Mernique slid down the ladder.

She waited at the egde of the wood just like Sarien said. Soon Charlotte walked out in her training gear. Behind her Sarien came.

It was strange Sarien looked in black. She also wore her training gear. Black Tanktop, tight black pants and black combat boots. They all wore the same to fit in the shadows.

"Ready to go? "Sarien asked smiling at them. They both nodded. They were ready to go. "Sarien! "She heared someone's voice call. They all turned around and saw Felix running towards them.

Great! Felix is going to drag their butts back to camp. Charlotte glared at him ready to knock him out. "Felix? "Sarien looked surprised not panicked. "Take this... So you can let me know what is going on. "He gave her some small charm. She smiled and took it from him.

Then she gave him a quick hug. "Please stay safe... And come back to me. "He pleaded with her holding her firm. "I will. I promise. "She said smiling. Felix turned back to camp. Mernique stared in shock at him.

Charlotte and Mernique both looked at Sarien. "Not a word. "She muttered at both of them. They both walked behind her giggling. "We'll have to teleport into the forest" she said.  She reached out her hands and a spark was born.

She made a circle in the air and a massive portal opened she jumped first in. Charlotte was after her and Mernique jumped in last.

This portal was warm and the fire danced across her skin. She felt her feet made contact with the ground.  She looked around her. There was no light but only darkness. The moon casting it's pale light on top of the trees. The mist hang thick in the air. Her breathe made a white cloud.

She shivered as the cool air blew through her skin.  She saw Charlotte and Sarien standing far away... She walked towards them. They both smiled at her. She was glad they both were safe.

"We still got a long journey ahead of ourselves... "Sarien said walking upfront. Charlotte and Mernique trailed behind her. It felt like shadows was following them.

It felt like the forest was getting damper and darker. The more they walked the colder it got. Sarien stepped over the vines covering the forest floor. She heard a gasp as a vine wrapped around Charlotte's foot. She screamed as the vine threw her off her feet.

She was dangling upside down. "Charlotte! Hang on! "Mernique screamed surprised. She drew her dagger and aimed it at the plants vines. "Mernique! Watch out! "She heard Sarien screaming at them. Mernique felt something hard wrap around her.

It flung her in the air. She screamed and kicked out at the vines. Mernique slowly started cutting the vine wrapped around her waist. There was a snapping noise and she fell to the ground. She spun around only to see Charlotte's eyes turning  yellow and she viciously yanked it off her with her werewolf strength.

She landed in a crouch. "Be careful of the vines! You don't want them grabbing you again! "Sarien said over her shoulder walking ahead. Mernique and Charlotte gaped at her. "You tell us now? "Charlotte muttered irritated.

Mernique just shrugged with a sigh and carefully stepped over the vines not to upset them again. Charlotte did the same. They had to jog to catch up with her again. Charlotte and Mernique was more vigilant.

Their eyes scanning their surroundings. Something wasn't right... Suddenly a massive trap sprang loose. It caught Sarien, where Charlotte and Mernique was flung to the trees in a net. "Seriously! You couldn't trigger one of the ground traps?! "Charlotte said complaining.

"Relax I'll cut us down. "She said trying to retrieve the dagger from her boot. She felt nothing. She looked down at the ground. Her dagger! Dang it! She must have lost it when she was pulled up with Charlotte.  How is she suppose to get there? Wait... Summon fire!  She struggled but could place her hand on the rope that hold the net.

"What are you doing? "Charlotte asked suspicious. Mernique made a small spark come to her hands and she held it at the rope. The rope caught on fire. She smelled the smoke filling the forest air. Then a slow snapping noise came and Mernique and Charlotte was pulled back down by gravity.

They both land hard on their backs. "Ow... "They both moaned rubbing their sore body parts. Mernique struggled to get the net off and crawl out from under it. She flung the net of Charlotte. Charlotte nodded her head in thanks.

Mernique picked up her dagger where she dropped it. "Why is this place so booby trapped. "Charlotte said kicking the net away. "What are they hiding or protecting that is so important that you have to be on the look out for eating plants, traps and who knows what more... "Charlotte said shuddering.

"The Temple. It contains their jems. Every Dragon Warrior has one... They say it has ultimate power and without it the warrior is weakened... but not useless. "Mernique said guessing. "Guys a little help? "Sarien called to us. Mernique hurried with the dagger and cut Sarien free.

She stood up and dusted herself off. "Any more surprises? "Charlotte asked annoyed looking suspiciously around her. "No, only animals that eat peopel who stops to chat... "Sarien pointed out.

They walked in silence and nothing attacked them or sprung out at them. Mernique looked at the sky. She could swear the sun's light is coming in. Is it dawn?  Wow maybe time passes different here... Or if the trees grows like her like a roof that you can't see time.

They only walked in absolute silence. Mernique was rubbing her arms to get some warmth. She swear the shadows was following her.  Mernique walked a little faster. "Were nearly there. "Sarien said over her shoulder.

Mernique let her mind wander a bit. The forest was becoming back to life. The birds were chirping happily in the background. She could hear the osceans waves crashing on the rocks the salty smell ringing through her body. Reminding her of home.

She wondered what was her next step if she told her sister if was alive?  She suddenly realized it was nine years. Her sister would probably not recognize her even. Or she would think her sister is dead and she is an imposter.

Mernique laughed at herself. Why is she over analyzing this? This is her sister she is talking about... She would love her. Sarien suddenly stopped and Charlotte crashed into her then Mernique crashed into her. Charlotte peered at Sarien. "Why did you stop? "Charlotte asked annoyed that she didn't give a warning.

Sarien's eyes was wide. She shook her head unsure... "I... I don't understand... "Sarien said. "It was right here. The map said... "Sarien's voice faded as she took another step which trigged another thing. Crap!  She felt the floor give away and they all fell in the darkness...