The Warning

The next morning Mernique  had just enough time to eat breakfast before they stared packing up.

Most boys took the gear and the rest the medicine. Mernique and Charlotte helped the wounded to move back to camp. It's not that she couldn't teleport them it's just... teleporting is trickery and her mind isn't focused now... She might accidentally teleport them to the middel of the oscean.

They all helped moving. Mernique just went to check if everything was out so she went back to her and Charlotte's rooms. She was about to turn around and leave when a sudden note got her attention.

She picked it up. Be careful those who are closets to us, lies the most. The truth is never as it seems. Mernique stared at the note... What is that suppose to mean? She wondered. She shrugged it in her pocket and closed the door behind her.

That note disturbed her. Who was she talking about? Pan? Charlotte? And what truth? Her head started to pound. It took nearly eight hours to pack everything up and everyone decided to sleep in late today like still at ten in the morning.

It was already twilight. The day past fast luckily. Pan we moved with portal. Mernique didn't like it epically for his wound. It was their only option.

Mernique did the same as she did the other times. Letting the sparks fly from her hands.  She opened the portal. They carefully carried Pan through it. She had to keep it open. They have to bring the bed back.

They reappeared again. She closed the portal relieved nothing happend. They started walking back. She felt the shadows creeping in her bones. She kept on walking,  holding on to her sword at her belt. It was reassuring.

When they reached camp, they already got the bonfires started up. Blade and Charlotte went to do their daily training. Mernique noticed she didn't see Sarien... Not even with Felix...

She didn't like this... She started looking for her. She was no where...  She tried tracking her foot prints.  Her tracks ended in the woods...

She slowly followed her tracks. Scanning the area. Remebering the shadows from last night. What if they were Hunters? 

"Let me go! "A voice screamed. Sarien!  She ran towards the voice. "Where's the girl? "The other voice snarled. Mernique climbed in the tree to get a better look.
There was three men surrounding her. T

Backup will arrive. Looks like scar is with them. Two men held Sarien's arms while she viscously try to kick herself free.
"What girl? "She asked playing coy. "Don't play dum! You know which one I'm talking about. The Dragon Warrior! "He snarled. She just shook her head.

Poor Sarien she has no idea... Mernique reached out her hand and let the warmth spread. It went into the log and she flung it at one of them holding her arm.

He crumpled to the ground. Sarien stepped on his the other ones foot and he screamed in pain. She brought her elbow to his nose and it made a weird cracking noise. Blood poured from his nose.

Mernique jumped from the tree and brought her sword down. It sliced into his skin but when her feet reached the ground he kicked out at her. She tumbled to the ground.

He brought his sword down. "Wrench! "He said slamming his sword in the ground where she stood. She scrambled to her feet and met his blade with her own. "You are not welcome here! "She growled  at him. "You will pay what you did to my brother! Your blood will run through our streets. "He snarled at her.

Sarien snuck up behind him and smacked him with the end of hardwood. He was distracted! Mernique broke the hold and sliced at his chest. He snarled. "This is the not the end. Will be back! Your Island is weak! "He wacked his men awake and then they cowered after him.

"Are you alright? "She asked Sarien who had a bruise on her cheek. So thats how they got her. How did they slip in without them noticing anything?  "Yes, their just idiots! They are looking for a Dragon Warrior girl. "She shook her head.

"Why? "She asked curious wondering if they talked about her. "They want revenge apparently... Their King got burned by a Dragon Warrior Girl. I knew that girl... She was my sister. "Sarien said shaking her head.

No that can't be possible.... "Where is your sister? "She asked curios. Her heart pounding in her ears. "She is not here anymore... she is dead. "Sarien looked pained saying those words.

She felt her blood turn cold. "How... Did she die? "Mernique asked. Sarien hesitated then said. "The fire consumed her... "Sarien looked pained. She gulped "What happened? Where you chased or something? "Mernique asked anxious.

"Yes by Hunters... I also got a scar that night. "She said lifting her sleeve. On her shoulder was there a white mark with three claw marks. "I got bitten by a wolf that night... It's was King Jaecar's werewolf. Luckily my powers protect me from becoming a werewolf. "She said shrugging.

Mernique was speechless. She felt like her whole world was crashing down. "Mernique are you alright your very pale.  "Sarien pointed out. Mernique blinked and nodded. They both walked back in silence.

"Mernique did you have any family members? "Sarien asked. Mernique hesitated. "I did have a father but I didn't know him he died when I was a baby. The same with my twin.  I had a grandfather who died when I was five.  I have a grandmother in the court, a mother, younger stepbrother and sister. An older brother. I also had an older sister. She died. "Mernique said.

Sarien's face softened. "I also have younger stepbrother and sister. I have a younger brother. I also lost my father and Grandfather at a young age. My mother and grandmother is in the court... How did your sister die? "Sarien asked curios. Mernique felt like she couldn't get air in her lungs.

She took a sharp breathe in. "I... She got bitten by a wolf... "Mernique whispered softly. Sarien also got a little paler. She kept on narrowing her eyes at Mernique as if she was a puzzle she is trying to figure out.

They walked further but no one dared to say a word. The note was bothering her a lot now. Be careful those who are closets to us tell the most lies.  The truth is never as it seems. What did they mean with that? Could it be saying Sarien is alive? Her sister is alive?