Caged

Everything was cold. The cold metal bars was stinging against Mernique's skin. The cage wasn't big but at least it was wide. They were below deck, in a dark, cold room.

She didn't know who was with her or where her friends were. If they were here she didn't see them or hear them. They must be still knocked out.

Mernique leaned again the cage, shivering. She could see through one tiny window in the corner that see was calm. She slid her fingers through the metal bar. She pulled on it. She was pulling so hard her knuckles was turning white.

The torture session knocked her out for at least two hours. Mernique raised her hand and lit a small flame. Suddenly it felt like her head was exploding. She pushed it away. There was two other cages with her. She saw Sarien's pale face sleeping on the ground.

She heard a soft whimper. She saw a small figure crouched in the corner, shaking. "Charlotte? "Mernique asked confused. Hugging her arms she saw misery in them.

She looked confused and she was rapidly looking around her. "Where... Where am I? "She asked confused. Did the pirates drug her?

"Charlotte? "Mernique asked calmly. She was worried about her friend. "Mernique? Is that you? Your alive and not hurt? "Charlotte asked babbling like a speeding bullet.

"I'm fine my friend. Are you? "Mernique asked painfully shifting to get a better look. Charlotte was bruised and shaking. Cuts visible on her arms. Fear sparkled in her eyes. She was rubbing her arms for comfort, wincing.

"Yeah... Just tired and dizzy... What are we going to do? I can't fase into my wolf form. "She said a bit shaky. " Do you know what they cut you with? "Mernique asked concerned.

She shivered "I only remember something silver. " Mernique nodded. "It's silver... Werewolf's are affected by silver. Its your one weakness. "She said.

"I got a lot of learning to do don't I... "Charlotte said sighing. Mernique couldn't help but laught. "Don't worry soon it will be like a second nature. "She said trying to comfort her friend.

She slumped against the cage, its cold metal bars stabbing her back. She pulled her legs up and hugged her knees trying to warmth herself. "Can't you... Can't you burn us out of here? "Charlotte asked somewhere in the darkness.

"No... I guess they also know how to use my weakness. "She said her voice growing weak and the pain becoming unbearable. She never hurt this much... ever.

"What are we going to do? "She whispered her voice trying to sound brave. "Black Beard said he would go to Neverland. We can try to communicate with them. Find Pan, Felix and Blade. I sense Black Beard is pulling something... Something big. "She explained to Charlotte.

Charlotte agreed. "Can't you reach Pan? "Charlotte aksed titling her head a little or falling asleep. Mernique looked at her friend the dark circles huge under her eyes.

"Don't know I am weaker when I get Ivory in my system. "Mernique muttered holding her legs. Charlotte swifted so she could fall asleep on the cold ground.

"Too bad you can't have some realm you could go to and communicate telepathically. That would have been helpful. "She said shivering from the cold and closing her eyes falling asleep on her arms.

"Yeah... "She sighed and leaned back closing her eyes. Then something struck her. "The Mirror Realm! Charlotte your a genius! "She squealed happily.

Charlotte turned on her side so she could face me. Mernique could only see the outline of her body. " The Mirror Realm? What is that? "Charlotte asked confused, opening her one eye to peer at me.

"The Mirror Realm is a secret void you could travel to communicate with someone. It doesn't matter where you are it would take you to that person. But you would be like a ghost to them for they can't touch you or hear you. Well actually it depends how strong the bond is. "Mernique explained excited that she hasn't thought of it first.

Charlotte frowned, concern in her eyes. "Won't that be using a lot of energy? What of the poison that is eating your flame? "Mernique shook her head. "Charlotte... I don't have a choice. It's the only way I could warn him. I won't be aware of the real world. You would have to warn me if something comes. Ok? "Mernique asked looking at the door.

She nodded and a smile formed. "Hey... Be careful... and Don't push yourself. If you feel like collapsing you get out. Alright? This is still going to be a long fight. "Charlotte said in a small whisper.

Mernique touched the bars of the cage. Charlotte placed her hand through the bars on her hands . Charlotte gave a comforting squeeze. Mernique smiled weakly.

Mernique concentrated. The world was spinning, every cell in her body screaming in agony. Her head might explode but she still reached her hand out. Use the power within. She wiggled her fingers as she felt her fingers reborn with flame.

Take me to the Mirror Realm. She whispered. A sudden force knocked right into her and she fell backwards. She felt the energy vibrate through her. She only heard Charlotte screaming her name before the fire took her.