Prisoner

For the past few weeks she has been training with Pan everyday. Her movement got faster, stronger, more powerful. She is also more flexible.

She can now run longer and faster without stopping. She can swim longer underwater too. She can use all the weapons without hesitation. She is not as good as Pan but she knows the basics.

He also taught her different skills like tracking, hunting, navigating the stars, building a campfire. He taught her also more of Neverland. I know that one surprised her. She knows more of the creatures, the history and how the islands works.

For today they were on top one of the cliffs. Pan was studying her. Waiting for her to make the first move. The wind was picking up and she felt it against her skin. She was shifting her feet. Readying... Pan is not a very patient person so just a little longer than he will attack.

He just stood still, watching her. Fine... She'll make the first move. She tightened her grip on the blade who was her dagger. Yes... turns out the dagger is a shape shifting weapon. How cool is that?

She charged forward kicking out at him. He side stepped her and she used her blade to swipe at him from behind. He ducked then tried grabbing the blade from her. She stepped back to reach out of his grip. She then stepped forward and flicked the blade towards him. He brought his own and it clashed with other making a horrid clank as metal on metal smashed each other.

They were locked. She tried to hold the position but he is strong, faster and more skilled. He was smirking at her. A brute force blew her backwards. She fell unbalanced towards the ground. He was already getting closer to end the battle.

Not this time.... She quickly stood up then charged forward again using all strength as the blade came towards him. He looked surprised at her. He again blocked her attack. Now he was the one on the offense and she the defense.

She blocked every attack but her defenses was breaking slowly. She ducked his next swing then swiped her leg at his legs. He gave a surprised yelp as he went tumbeling down.

She went smiled then ran to say dead! As she would hold the blade at his chest on the heart or the neck. Finally she would win once. As she got closer he did the same thing she did. He swiped his leg under hers making her also tumbeling to the ground.

"Hey! That's my move! You cheater! "She called out to him. He was laughing and she felt something sharp poke her chin. She groaned. "Dead... "He declared.

She gave him a sharp glare. He reached out his hand towards her. She took it gratefully as he pulled her up to her feet. "You nearly had me. It's closer than the other times we fought. " He said chuckling.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Sure if you mean by close that I'm on the floor and your not than yes. "She said teasingly. "It's not bad for someone who only have a few weeks of training. "He pointed out.

She shook her head, smiling. Pan turned around and started to walk back. She smiled deviously. This is her chance to pin him.

Mernique ran at top speed and was readying herself to jump on top of him, smacking him in the ground.

Unfortunately she didn't know how but he spun around grabbed her arm and threw her over his shoulder on the ground. She landed with a hard thump on the ground.

He pinned her down in the ground. "Nice try but it is going to take more than that to get me down Rose. "He said chuckling.

She squirmed in his grip trying to break her arms free but it was no use. He's got her in a tight pin. "How! I didn't even make a sound! "She said still squirming to get out of his grip. He laughed " Your movement when you ran. It was fast so you made a loud sounds. "

She stopped squirming. "Was there by any chance if I ran more carefully and faster that you wouldn't have pinned me? "She asked curious.

"Nope. Even then I would have still felt you. "He said chuckling. She groaned. His laughter soon died out then he was staring at her. There was an uncomfortable silence between them as they stared at each other. Pan made no move to get off her he still pinned her.

He blinked his eye twice then got up pulling her with him. He turned to walk back. She carefully fell in step with him. They didn't talk or anything but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence it was actually nice. She observed her surroundings.

She heard chanting from the far side of the camp. As they stepped closer to boys we're fighting each other. No... sparing. There were two names the crowd was chanting carried through the forest.

"They're at it again. "He muttered smiling. "Boys would be boys. " She said teasingly while elbowing him lightly in the arm. " Hey! What does that mean? " Pan asked rasing his eyebrow.  She only laughed and tried to reach the campsite.

Soon they both stopped as Pan came walking down towards them. They stood like two soldiers. Stiff and still. She wanted to laugh for it looked like the one was holding his breath.  It was one of the younger boys.

Pan just walked right through the crowd and then everyone hurried into the other direction, continuing their tasks. Mernique shook het head. She helped them gather wood for the bonfire so they could cook the feast. She placed them right in the pit they made and she clanked  two rocks against each other.

A small spark of flame was born. She blew softly on the fire and the flames burst out alive and dancing around the wood.

Pan was staring at her, smirking. "What? "She asked curious. "Nothing... It's just you surprised me... "He said shrugging. "I surprised you? How? "She asked curious. He slowly walked over to her. "You learnt faster than most of my boys. It took Rickey months to learn that. You learned it in a week. Plus you advanced faster than most of them. "He said smiling. She felt a swell of pride. She was crouched at the fire.

Mernique! They're coming!  A sudden voice shrieked.  Mernique shot to her feet and and she looked around her. Not again... It happend a few weeks ago that she heard voices. "Mernique? "A distant voice said. Mernique!!!  Where are you?!!!  Fire burned behind my eyelids, spreading towards my skin and the scream erupted in her ears  deafening her.

She shook her head. It was gone... Just like the dream. She shiverd at the thought of that darkness, those shadows. A warm touch on her arm made her jump. Her eyes met with concerned  green emeralds eyes. "You okay? "Pan asked. She was baffled. Her voice was gone. "Pan! "One of the boys yelled.

He growled annoyed then turned his head toward the group then back at her. He gave her apologetic look. I nodded my head "Go... I'll be fine. "  She said reassuring him. He nodded his head then stomped of towards them.

Maybe she should go for a walk. Clear her mind. She disappeared into the shadows and walked along the woods. The trees we're casting shadows on the ground and the moon felt alluring. She rubbed her arms for warmth.

She was only wearing a black tank top, black skinny jeans and black leather boots. She wasn't planning on a cold night only a long training day.

She felt the cold pressing on her skin, breathing cold air in her lungs.  She felt more calm... relaxed. She slowly turned around and slowly walked back. She stood in the shadows and saw Pan leaning against a tree staring at her with a lot of passion. She wondered... 

She walked towards him already thinking what to tell him. Maybe if she tells him it would finally be off her chest.

A sudden scream made her stop dead in her tracks. It turned her inside cold and she felt the color from her face drain. It wasn't just anyone's scream. She recognized it. It made her feel sick and she felt frozen in place as if ice out of nowhere froze her whole body.

The words could barley escape her mouth in a faint whisper. "Charlotte... "