Mirror Realm

She fell with a hard crash out the sky and onto the floor. Ow... Her skin still tingling of the portal fire. Mernique didn't feel like she was brutally tortured she felt like she can run cross-country in twenty seconds. She felt... Alive.

She sat up and looked around.  The place was dark. Only light that came in the room is from the moon outside.  She stood up, glancing around the room. Something feels strange about herself.

When she looked down she saw she wasn't in that golden servants gown but in her training gear. She hugged herself. Relieved to be in these clothes once again but them remembered this is sadly just an illusion. Well not everything. In the reflection of the window she saw her pale skin.

She thought even the moon  couldn't be paler than her. Her bruises could only be seen on her arms and she had an ugly purple bruise where one of them smacked her with the butt of his rifle.  Wow... even she would have thought she was a ghost. 

Why is this place familiar? A shadow darted from the corner. She spun around but nothing was there.  "Who are you? "Someone growled. She knew that voice. She has never been so happy to hear that voice.

Words wouldn't form properly and it felt like she is chocking for air. She slowly turned around and saw he wasn't behind her. She suddenly whispered his name as if it was the only thing she could hold onto. "Pan? "Her voice whispered through the darkness.

Suddenly the wooden floor creaked and there standing in the shadows leaning against the wall was Pan. He stepped into the moonlight that was coming through the window. He almost looked like a ghost. His golden hair was shinning in the moonlight, his emerald eyes sparkling in the faint light.

He raised the dagger. He held it at front of him. His eyes was darting around the room. "Pan. "Mernique whispered again. His eyes shot to her. "Can you hear me? "She asked seeing the confusion on his face. "Can you see me? " Her voice echoed in the silent room. She took a step closer. 

He stared at her or rather through her. He wiggled his hands and then a green flame danced on it. Suddenly the whole room was lit with a green dust. It fell on them and suddenly Pan collapsed to the floor.

She ran to him but she felt different as if she was walking in a dream. " Pan? "She said bending down. What just happend?  Is he even still breathing?   She tried to touch him but only went through. Oh, right can't touch almost just like a real ghost.

"Pan? "She whispered almost not certain it's him. He was holding a dagger right in front of her chest. One stab and it's through her heart.His eyes were blazing with anger but then his eyes went wide,his face suddenly became pale. He suddenly let go off the dagger that it fell clattering to the ground.

He was staring at her like he couldn't believe she was standing there. They were only staring in each others eye's . To afraid to move as if a signal step and they both disappear back to the nothingness. She only realized now when she stared into his green emerald eyes that how much she missed him. How her heart ached for him. 

For some reason he was the other part she needed. The distance between them was breaking her. She was for too long without him . She only wanted to wrap her arms around his neck and have his strong arms around her.  Suddenly as if he is waking up he shook his head and blinked his eyes. " Mernique.... Is that you ?" He asked his voice a whisper.

She smiled and felt tears swell in her eyes. "Yes.... It's me Pan." She said with a smile. A ghostly smile appeared on his face before he viciously stared shaking his head and backed away from her.Her heart just sank. "Pan?" She asked slowly taking a step forward."NO!Your not real!" He said backing way ,his eyes angry and full of sorrow.