The Enemy of my Enemy

Mernique saw Charlotte glancing at her frequently. She did try to make conversation but Mernique remained silent. She felt like a cold hand was pressing her down. Her eyes kept on darting around. Soon she saw the familiar camp fire's light. She saw Sarien talking to one of the captivates they found below deck. Mernique and Charlotte made their way towards them.

"Thank you for what you done. "The man said. He was tall with soft blue eyes and messy brown hair. He looked older and wiser. She could tell by the marks on his arms and legs where the chains had been that he was a prisoner for a long time. They both nodded at the man in greeting. "Your both just like your father. This is were we part until we meet again. "The man said with a bright smile,  hope flashing in his eyes again then walked towards the trees and vanished.

Mernique turned to Sarien. This is the first time she actually looked at her sister as her... sister. She changed a lot when they were kids. She grew up into  beautiful young girl. Charlotte gave me a pat on the back before leaving me alone in the darkness with Sarien. We stared at each other awkwardly.

Neither knew what to say. Mernique took a sharp breath trying to get the courage. "I'm sorry Sarien. I was a fool to have listened to mother. I... I should have looked, asked. "She babbled and her sister held up her hand to silence her. "No Mernique. We both were fooled. Mother was only protecting us by separating us. She knew we never would willingly part from each other. She had to fake our deaths. "Sarien said sighing. She could see the weight was heavy on her shoulders. She wasn't the only one that suffered for all those years.

"When would she have told us the truth? What if I never were on Neverland? Would I ever have gotten my sister back? "She asked trying to hide the pain in her voice. She looked at the floor, bitting her lip not to let the tears threatening to fall, fall. "Neverland would have called to you anyway. This is your home Mernique. Neverland blood runs your veins. Maybe that's why you and Pan has such a strong connection. "Sarien said shrugging with a warm smile.

Mernique felt a tight pull in her chest but remained silent.  She went on. "Well the important thing is we did find each other and that we now know the truth. "She said with her warm smile. She missed her sisters love. She had missed her so, so much. She was miserable without her.

She almost didn't believe she was here. Mernique wrapped her sister in a tight embrace. She laughed softly but hugged just as tight. "I missed you so much. "Mernique said letting a few tears fall now. "I missed you too. "Sarien said with the same few tears spilling on her face.

Mernique was glad her sister was here now. When she pulled away she thought of her question. "Sarien? "She asked while they turned back to the group. "Yes? "She  answered with a grin. "Can I ask you something? "Mernique asked glancing at her. "Sure. "Sarien said as she heard the boys laughing. Charlotte and Blade was at the one side of the bonfire talking. The light only casted shadows on their faces. When Blade suddenly frowned Charlotte burst out laughing. She grinned at her friend who looked like she was about to collapse any moment. 

Felix and Pan was also there, hidden well in the shadows. She was suprised because she  actually expect Pan to be with Wendy. He saw Felix was talking to him but there  was a deep frown in his features and Pan himself didn't look too please. What could they be talking about that it's that serious?  Maybe it is better that she aksed Sarien the question and not him.

He was not in a good mood and Mernique didn't want to make it worse. She knew for some reason it forbidden and the sudden thought shifted her towards dark magic. She wouldn't be surprised if her father used dark magic to get his abilities. They slowly made it past the boys. "Is it possible to... to make a Dragon Master? "She asked and suddenly smacked against a wall. She yelped and staggered back.