Silver Arrow

Mernique was staring at the sky. Rickey was sleeping, happily in dream land. She heard multiple footsteps coming her way. Blade's pale face was the first to be seen. Then Felix who kept on walking straight as if to block someone from someone's view. Pan's face also made an appearance. His face was in a scowl.

Rick looked sad at Rickey. "I never meant to hurt him... But you... "He gave her an ice cold stare. Rickey was still sleeping happily. She can't wake him up not after everything he has been through. He deserves to be happy even if it is just in his dreams.

Pan, Blade and Felix didn't even notice me sitting with Rickey in my arms. They went to cut Rick down and threw him in a giant metal cage.

He growled eyes turning yellow and Pan stood infront of him. His eyes challenging him. She knew who would win in a fight. Looks like Rick did too for he shrank back against the cage whimpering a little.

With one swift motion Felix and Pan both lifted the cage. Blade ran to help hold the cage. Pan let go and was walking the opposite direction making no eye contact at all.

Years of practice carrying Carlos she stood up with one swift motion and walked behind Felix and the cage.

Rickey was shivering now a little even though it's not cold. She felt his body heat up and sweat dripping of his forehead. He has a fever.

Can she heal? Flying wasn't really in her vocabulary. Especially that it takes up so much energy. She can at least try.

Rickey was moving restless and was murmuring something. Maybe she should try like she did with the flying and energy. She closed her eyes and concentrated on the wound.

She really hoped she wouldn't trip over something while her eyes is closed. She waited a few moments then she opened her eyes and he was still feverish and squirming. Mernique sighed and tried again only this time she felt the heat prickle under her skin. Her hands were vibrating the heat into his small figure. She smiled. She felt safe, secure, happy. Soon those thought over took into dizzy, strange feeling. Her side was burning once again.

Her feet were heavy and her head pounding. Looks like the adrenaline was wearing off. She opened her eyes and saw that Rickey was once again calm and his fever was gone. But that wasn't all. Rick was also smirking at her. As if he knew something she didn't. She also swore he had some strange object in his hands.

Felix and Blade turned their head only once to look at her then Rickey. Their eyes held both pity, sadness and relief for the boy. They turned their head forward again and kept on walking in a slow pace behind Pan. She only turned her head slightly to see if Pan is still grumpy or has he relaxed again.

She was surprised that her gaze didn't fall upone the blonde hair boy. Where was Pan? She saw he was soon walking beside the cage and galred at Rick who then shifted uncomfortably in the cage.

Pan's pace only got slower and slower until he was walking right beside her. His eyes fell her. It felt like forever that he was looking at her. What is he looking at? His eyes were searching her slowly again and then landed on something.

The wound in her side was bleeding once again. His eyes were wide but said nothing. She hated walking in silence.

A few moments past before he shifted his gaze towards Rickey. His eyes were even wider. Some of the bruises that Rickey had was fading away like they never existed. "Let me take Rickey. "Pan spoke suddenly and she jerked surprised, nearly throwing poor Rickey into the neatest tree. His voice gave nothing away but only concern.

"I might wake him besides it doesn't bother me really. I'm use to doing this with Carlos." She said shrugging not looking at him. They walked in silent a little longer. A sudden pain in her side made her go stiff and stop right in her tracks. Pan stopped right beside her.

"What's wrong? "He asked concerned. She shook her head. "No... Nothing. "She stutters the words out. Pan's expression only went darker. She kept on walking on leaving Pan behind. She felt her head pounding and her feet was starting to get wobbly. Was it just her or was Rick's eyes yellow again.

Something smacked agsinst her and she lost her balance, she stumbled backwards. Her back made impact with something she was guessing was not a tree. Strong hands caught her shoulders, steadying her. "Are you ok? "A sudden distant voice spoke.

She looked all around her to see some clue at what might have hit her. Rickey suddenly squirmed again. She saw Pan standing infront of her. He first looked at the boy then her.

Rickey was pale once again. Mernique wondered if it the side of forest or has Rick something to do with this for he was smiling deviously. Pan slid his arms under Rickey and their fingers only slightly touched before he took the weight of my arms. Her vision was blurry and she couldn't focus. Soon a sudden crack made her spun around.

"Did you hear that? "She said to no one in fact but to herself. "What did you hear? "A voice echoed that sounded a lot like Pan's.

Before she could answer a sudden crack was heard again but this time it was different.

Suddenly arms were around her waist pushing her to the ground. She landed on her injured side. Its always the injured one... Something was pressing her into the ground.

A sudden explosion wrapped around them with a massive earthquake. Giant flames swirling to the sky where she once stood a few moments ago. Actually she saw that Felix was shielding Rickey and Blade was to their far side.

Her ears were ringing and now her body hurted more. The person was shielding her with their body as another explosion was heard.

She yelped for it was nearly four feet away from her. The person's grip tightened on her as if to reassure her. She slowly tried crawling out from under the person.

The person only grabbed her arm and pulled her towards them. She swung around ready to tackle the person even though they are on the ground.

Mernique saw Pan's green eyes and grip getting stronger. He doesn't want her to leave. She looked questionly at him but his gaze were at the trees. He was staring at something in the trees.

"What was that? "She said panicked, her heart was racing fearing they might shoot again. She tried to see what was firing at them.

The person was gone... And all that was left in it's wake was an Glowing sliver arrow....