Confession

Pan felt even more angrier at himself then he already did. He didn't mean to lash out at Mernique like that. He was just worried about Felix. He wasn't even angry at her. He knew out of everyone she would have a good reason to have secret not just to spite him.

Her words troubled him. But don't ask me to apologize for protecting the people that I love! I am not going to watch you fall just because I didn't make sure of my facts! I'm not going to let you die for my mistakes! What was she talking about making sure of her facts or letting him die for her mistakes? He groaned frustrated. The Healer creaked open the door.

"Pan everything alright? I heard yelling. "He asked looking as if he is searching for another person. "Yes. Mernique and I got into a fight. "He sighed. The Healer nodded while closing the door behind him. "I think Mernique is hiding something. "The Healer said deep in thought "I know. "Pan replied. "Is that why you were fighting? "He asked curiously. Pan nodded. "Look Pan something is wrong with Mernique even if she doesn't admit it. She has a big part in this. Besides she blames herself for what happend to Felix. And if she has any secrets she is only protecting you Pan. "The Healer said sounding a little bit older than his age.

"I know. I will talk to her. "Pan replied turning away. "You know that was the same thing she said when I told her how you were doing. She really cares for you Pan. Even a blind man can see that. So why can't you see that? "He asked. Pan didn't answer him instead he teleported. He cheated a bit by tracking her through their bond. He landed outside her hut. He heard tiny sobs.

He was going to kill himself after this. He hated seeing her cry almost just as much as fighting with her or being lied to. Now he was the reason for her tears. He took a deep breathe and saw she stood up and was walking outside to the back where he was standing. When she walked outside she didn't notice him at first but when she saw him she sighed heavily and sank against the wall.

"If you have come to fight. Your wasting your time and breathe. I don't have anymore strength in me to fight. "She said leaning her head in her hands. Her voice was strange. Her voice sounded so defeated. He walked towards her and knelt down infront of her. "No, I came to apologize. "He answered. She lifted her head up and her eyes met his. "Apologize? "She asked surprised. He nodded. "You never apologize. "She pointed out but he saw there was a ghostly smile.

"Yes,  do you see how much effort it takes? "He asked seeing her shake her head with a small smile. "It doesn't matter. I'm sorry for... "She said then he stopped her. "Don't apologize. I am sure you have your reasons. "He said. She was looking at him in shock.

He couldn't stop the grin. He's still got it. "I just  want you not to carry yours alone. It can be a real burden. "He said and sat down next to her. "Don't you carry yours? "She asked looking at him sideways. "And look where that got me. "He pointed out. "Look I just want you to trust me. "He said and Mernique shook her head. "I do trust you Pan. I trust you more then I trusted anyone in my life. It's not about trust... "She said sadly and sank her head on her knees.

"Then what is it about? "He asked gently placing his hand on her back. "I don't want you to get hurt. "She said drawing her knees closer to her body. "I will be fine. You know that. "He answered trying to reasure her. "No, your the only one left to look after Neverland. After these kids you can't be dragged into my mess. "She said her shoulders shaking a bit. " Dragged into your mess? "He asked curiously trying to keep his voice calm. "Pan you can't be the one who gets injured like that. It's better if it's me. "She said with a heavy sigh. He wanted to shake her  at that moment but decided against it.

"How dare you! I'd rather let it be me then you. How do you think I feel? What if your the one lying in that bed next time dying! I couldn't save Felix! What if I can't save you! I would hate myself if anything happend to you and I could have prevented it. "He said feeling some of his emotions leak.