Preview of "her love"

I graduated. The summer was spent with Lark and the rest of my friends. Last year, the issue was getting Lark to actually want me. This year is different.

This time I'm the one who left. I always thought that we wouldn't have to struggle with the whole long distance relationship thing. Now that we do, I thought hey maybe it won't be so bad. Two months in and I'm starting to realize how much I lied to myself.

Not to mention, as far as my parents know; I'm living down the block from the school I was supposed to go to which was Dartmouth but I didn't want to go there with more stuck up rich kids. So, I went to Blackwood University which is close enough to Dartmouth that I could keep up the lie. Blackwood is still a good school but it's mainly known for its parties and I decided that I wanted to have the full college experience.

To make matters worse, Drake Raymond comes into my life and is determined to make me his which shouldn't be difficult considering I'd chosen to live in the co-ed dorms and he just so happens to be best friends with my roommate Chloe. Now, with Lark being hours away from me I have to navigate college life while trying not to give into Drake Raymond.

Because, I love Lark....right?

~*~

"Hey, Kitten, where've you been?" I ask, we hadn't talked in a long time since she's been busy at Blackwood University and going to those famous college parties. I, however, don't see the hype since I've been to a lot of them.

"She's busy right now, try again later." It's some dudes voice. My eyes widen a little, shock turns to anger very quickly. Who the hell has her phone? She told me she's been living in the co-ed dorms but I didn't think that girls could be paired with guys!

"What is she doing?" I ask through clenched teeth, the guy chuckles.

"Changing." With that, he hangs up the phone and I find myself practically running to my laptop to book a flight.

~*~

"Her Love" was published on March 21st 2018