Chapter seventeen: Concussed

Chapter seventeen.

Concussed.

{not heavily edited}

"Where did you go?" Lark asks skeptically, I stare at him for a moment before deciding I'll tell him the half truth

"Outside. I needed to breathe." I reply before taking the jacket off and setting it on the dresser before coming back to the bed.

"Y-Kat, do you want to talk about something?" He asks with a curious look on his face. Of course I wanna fucking talk about something! He never elaborated and even though I'm almost certain he doesn't love me I still want a goddamned explanation because if he does then I'll gladly be with him for real.

"Yeah, actually. I want to know if you were telling the truth. That you actually want me." I reply in a stern voice with narrowed eyes . A part of me knows he's not gonna tell me, I know he's probably gonna tell me he doesn't wanna talk about it then he will proceed to go to sleep and or leave. The look on his face tells me he's thinking really hard. My jaw is clenched to keep me from snapping.

"Can we please just go to sleep?" He asks, I take a deep breath and roll my eyes. I should kick him out. I should yell at him. But I cant bring myself to tell him to go. His eyes are scanning me, he's trying to find out what I'm thinking. He always knows whats going on inside my head. I grab another blanket from the closet and stroll outside to the living room. He's not going to leave and I refuse to sleep in the same bed as him. I get comfortable and pray he doesn't come looking for me to "fix things". I close my eyes and snuggle under the blanket, hoping when I wake up tomorrow I can pretend like tonight didn't happen and I can just make tomorrow better. I'm almost asleep when I feel that I'm being lifted. My eyes snap open and I look up only to see Lark's face.

"Put me down." I demand.

"Shut up." He replies, I roll my eyes. He takes me to my room, setting me down on the bed. I stare at him for a moment, curious on if he's going to crawl in alongside me but he doesn't.

"I wont let you sleep on the couch only to wake up tomorrow feeling sore. Now, get a good night's sleep. G'night, Kitten." He says before leaving the room. I watch him leave, he shuts the door behind him and all I want is for him to come back but I know that I shouldn't. Even after we fight he still cares about how I feel, mentally and physically. I sigh and cuddle into the bed. It feels weird to sleep without him next to me, either way I'm too tired to stay awake. My eyes flutter closed.

~*~

I dreamt about Ryder last night. I don't know why but I did, I felt so guilty when I woke up. Lark said his neck hurt and I immediately felt bad because he slept on the couch because of me. He had soccer practice today, I did too but before him during lunch break. I finished getting ready for school and went to leave but Lark stopped me. I look back at him, hes really close to me face. His head is dipped down so his lips are levelled with my forehead. His arm is on the door frame and I'm under it. He looks down at me, he leans down a little more and I part my lips prepared for him to kiss me. He's about to kiss me but then when I'm about to close the space he kisses my cheek instead. Lark pulls back with this smirk, I look at him unamused before rolling my eyes and turning. We walk together outside across campus. Liam, Pogue, Jordan and Lucy join us.