Chapter thirteen: Home sweet home

Chapter thirteen.

Home sweet home.

Lark and I had spent the whole day together, just asking questions about each other and whatnot

Lark and I had spent the whole day together, just asking questions about each other and whatnot. He told me it was so he knew more about me and could make me "fall for his charms" easier. Trust me though, I was enjoying all this a little too much. He comes close to me and my heart is a drum, he kisses me and I'm having a borderline heart attack. I see him talking to other girls and I can't begin to fathom what I feel. So, is this really what it feels like to be in love with Lark Everlake?

"Lark?" I stop him from continuing his rant on why call of duty blacks ops three is better than advanced warfare. He turns his full attention to me since he knows I really want to ask him this question.

"Yes?" He says, waiting for me to ask whatever it is I need to but truth be told I didn't know how to ask. Last night I guess I was confident because of the fact that it was dark and it was nighttime so to get out of an awkward situation I could just say I "fell asleep" but this is the middle of the day and we had plans to go to lunch. So how am I going to get out of an awkward situation I could possibly cause?

"Can you tell me? How you know how to break someone's heart?" We'd been laying down in my room on my bed with everyone else in the movie room downstairs. I turn slightly on my side to face him, the look that was once of semi adoration is not sadness.

"I don't wanna talk about that, Kitten. I-I don't want you to like be..." He trails off, ending his sentence as quick as it started. I stared at him a moment, giving him a second to continue if he wanted to but he didn't.

"Okay, fine. Can you tell me why you haven't ever brought a girl home? Your dad was so surprised." I hope he can at least answer this question but I know he probably won't considering it has something to do with why he has deep rooted trust issues.

"I guess I just never met anyone worth presenting to my parents." Lark replies nonchalantly, does that mean I'm "worth" telling his parents about? We're not even together for real. Well, I guess it could've been about making me fall for him. I take a quick glance at him out of curiosity, just to see what his expression is. But it's just stoic.

"But...why can't you just tell me-"

"Katerina. Please. Stop." Lark cuts me off and I decide not to ask anymore since it seems to be a sensitive topic. I sigh and look at the time, it's about to be twelve and after lunch we're supposed to get on the jet and go back home. I get up and put my shoes on, taking Lark's jacket off the bed and walk downstairs to the movie room to tell the others that it's time to go.

"Alright guys, we gotta go." I tell them, they nod and get up. Lark is strolling down the stairs when we're about ready to go. We leave the house, everyone else is talking and having a laugh whereas Lark and I are quiet and walking alongside each other. Normally his arm would be around me but it isn't, he's just walking next to me looking frustrated or depressed. I don't say anything to him, though.