Chapter 27: Pain

Chapter twenty-seven.

Pain.

Kats p

Kats p.o.v.

I cough on my water when Nick and Lark start to have a passive aggressive conversation. The tension at the table is so thick you could cut it with a knife. I glance at Ryder who's looking at his brother in amusement. I kick him under the table and he jumps a little.

"Fix it." I mouth to him and he sighs. I know he's probably upset about having to break it up since even I'm going to admit it's a little entertaining. Lark and Nick start to glare at each other.

"Oh, where did you take your vacation, Lark? Did you have fun?" Nick asks through gritted teeth. The look on Larks face is practically scary. He has a grin on his face but his eyes dark, indicating that he's probably about to kick the crap out of him.

"Canada. What colour are you-"

"The food is amazing, Ms. Azalea." Ryder interrupts with a kind smile. My mom nods in response with a smile.

"Thank you, Ryder, I'm glad you're enjoying it." My mom responds. I let out a sigh of relief that Lark and Nick are no longer arguing.

"So, Kit-kat, how long have you and purple been together?" Lark asks with an eyebrow raised, his tone sounds sweet but I know he's just being annoying. I clench the fork in my hand before looking up at him.

"Two months." I reply in a flat tone before glaring at him.

"How was Canada? Fun? Have a lot of girlfriends?" I ask with an eyebrow raised, matching his tone. If he wants to fuck with me then alright. Lark purses his lips.

"It was great, y'know. The girls were great." Lark replies and I clench my jaw to keep from snapping at him. Saheymi clears her throat.

"This dinner is fun." She remarks in a semi-sarcastic tone. Kai sends her a look and she looks at him with a look that says "what?" Kai sighs.

"Anyway, when are rehearsals starting?" Kai asks curiously. Lark opens his mouth to reply but my mom beats him to it.

"Tomorrow! I'm so excited to see Kat finally dress up for something next month." My mom replies. Lark and Nick snicker and I glare at them both.

There's a knock on the door and I get up with a confused look. I walk to the door and open it. Lucy is standing there with a pie in her hands.

"I come bearing gifts." She says and I sigh. I hug her before letting her in. I hadn't seen Lucy in so long.

"I am so glad you're here. Lark is acting up and oh my god." I mutter and she stares at me in confusion. I guide her to where the dining room is and let her see for herself. Nick and Lark are back to having their little passive aggressive conversation.