Chapter 28; Love

Chapter twenty eight.

Love.

Larks p

Larks p.o.v.

"Come on." I say to Kat after we finish rehearsals, she hadn't said a word to me the whole time and I wanted to know what the hell had happened to her. She nods a little before following me upstairs to my room.

"Tell me what happened." I say once we're in my room and the door is shut, she looks at me and there's tears in her eyes. I come forward and when I'm about to hug her she flinches again but hugs me either way. She cries against my chest and I pull his closer to me.

"Shh, Shh, it's okay. You're okay." I whisper soothingly. The sound of her sobs makes my heart ache but a piece of me is glad that shes crying to me instead of because of me. She pulls me close to her as she sucks in a breath, she sighs slightly before letting me go. I cup her face with both hands and brush her tears away with my thumb. When she stares up at me her eyes are glossed over with tears, I examine her closely before pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"My dad came over after my mom and you guys left and.." She cuts off as a sob escapes her lips. My sadness turns to rage as I think about what that bastard had to have done to her. I didn't see Jordan at rehearsals either and now it's beginning to add up a little.

"Uh, He wanted to talk at first but I-I told him to leave. He got really m-m-mad and then he grabbed me and it all happened so fast-" Her voice breaks a little, I can't help but want to kill him for hurting her. But I swear if he got away I'll find him. Ryder and I practically beat people up for fun or for my dad, guys who were worse than the devil himself and if I could make them beg for their lives then Kat's father will be a piece of cake.

"Where is he?" I ask through clenched teeth, my voice shaking with anger. Kat looks scared but regardless lets me know that he left. I sigh and hug her again, this time I don't let go for a while. Who knows what that crazy son of a bitch could've done to her.

"You're really strong, Katerina. Remember that, always." I whisper to her, it's the truth though. I have no idea how she managed to pull herself from her bed, I know I wouldn't have. I pull from her, I'm going to kiss her. I need to. This time I won't regret it.

Kats p.o.v.

I sniffle a little as I look up into Larks eyes, his eyes are watery and I don't think he realizes that he's crying a little. What my dad had done to me and Jordan last night was terrible and I didn't sleep last night at all, I didn't even feel safe in Nick's arms. I was like a child loosing their blanky, I wanted Lark. He was the first person who I thought of when my dad was... hitting me and Jordan. Nick had shown up after my dad left but even he wasn't enough, I needed to be in Lark's arms.

Lark leans down and presses his lips to mine and as if his kiss will heal all, I get lost in the feel of his lips and forget about what we were just talking about. Both of his hands are on either side of my face and I find myself grabbing a fist-full of his shirt and pulling him closer to me. He leans in further and deepens the kiss, his lips find my neck and he starts tugging on my shirt but of course with our luck the door opens. We jump away from each other and Ryder strolls in nonchalantly.