Chapter twelve; Home part 2

Chapter twelve.

Home p.2

Lark had bought me a dress

Lark had bought me a dress. Why? You may ask. Because he made a last minute decision to make me have dinner with his family. Meeting his mom and dad. He'd commented he's like his father so I'm not very excited to meet the man who helped create the hell spawn. Lark is already dressed but he's waiting for me to put on the clothes he'd bought me. I look in the mirror in my old room. Lark is sucking on a lolly pop as he waits.

"I look ridiculous." I groan, I look at myself. He'd given me a small black dress with black heels, I left my hair curly since Lark had commented he liked it like that. Lark rolls his eyes, he chooses clothes for me that I'd never wear. In fact, he wasn't joking about taking me to La Senza. I still have the bags in my closet so my mother doesn't question why I have lingerie.

"Shut up, Kit. You look great." Lark mutters, looking at his phone. I start muttering under my breath about how annoying and stupid he is. I shrug, grabbing Lark's jacket off the bed and slipping it on. Lark sighs in relief and mutters "finally" before taking my hand and guiding me downstairs where Lucy is talking to Pogue. She's dressed up as well. Lark and I go to my car which I had to leave here. It's a '70s dodge charger. I get into the passenger seat since Lark insisted he drive. We'd all been staying at my place. One of Lark's hand is on the steering wheel whereas the other is on the clutch. When he goes to switch gears his hand accidentally brushes on my bare thigh and I look away quickly to hide the blush I know is on my face. My breathing hitches and I take a deep breath to settle myself.

He knows I'm blushing and I can practically feel his smirk. We come to a red light, the hand that was on the clutch moves to my inner thigh. I look at him with my eyes widened. When he looks back at me and winks I chew on my bottom lip nervously, my heart rate picking up. He squeezes my thigh before starting to drive away. I look back and see that Lucy didn't even see the exchange since she had been staring at her phone the whole time. I take a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"You...okay there, shortcake?" He asks wickedly, I roll my eyes at him. He's such a dick. I send him the finger before turning to the window. "shortcake" it was the first nickname he ever called me, he hasn't called me that in a while. Now, its "kitten" because of my name. We stop in front of a huge fucking house that has three cars in the long driveway. The house has a gate which Lark has to buzz into to get inside. He parks the car in the driveway before opening the door for Lucy and I. I step out, he holds his arm out and link arms with him. Lucy does the same and we walk into the house through the double doors.

"The favourite's arrived!" Lark yells through the house. He grins as he awaits an answer. A man walks in and holy Jesus he's beautiful. This has to be Lark's dad, which explains why their whole family is gorgeous.

"I've been here the entire time." He says, Lark narrows his eyes at his father.

"Are you fucked? I'm the favourite." Lark protests. His father rolls his eyes and is about to respond but his mouth clamps shut when his eyes fall on me. He raises an eyebrow.