Chapter eighteen; Secrets and Lies

Chapter eighteen.

Secrets and lies.

{Not heavily edited}

"Did you think I was gonna miss my baby brother on the field?" Ryder asks with a smirk on his face

"Did you think I was gonna miss my baby brother on the field?" Ryder asks with a smirk on his face. I narrow my eyes at him and turn back to the game. I watch as Lark starts to get more into the game, watching him play any sport is hot as shit and I love it.

"I'm sorry about what happened." Ryder says and I ignore him. I pull my phone out and start recording when Lark begins getting closer to the net. He shoots again and the crowd goes wild. I smile and continue to record.

"I'm sure Lark doesn't want the entire game documented." Ryder remarks. I don't look at him because I don't want to talk to him not after what he did to Lark. No one bothered telling me why that happened, by the way.

"You'd be surprised. Even if he doesn't, I want it documented." I reply, ignoring him again and turning back to the game.

Lark stares at me and Ryder for a moment. Kai gets tossed into the field and I grin when he immediately begins helping out. Lark rolls his eyes and I smile slightly at his jealousy. The game continues on for what feels like hours. Lark gets temporarily benched because he'd fallen on the field and twisted his ankle. He limps out of the area but I don't leave to find out where he's going since Kai starts to play. Ryder gets up and walks off. I don't think much of it since he had to have just gone to get a drink or to the bathroom. I continue to record but Ryder nor Lark are back yet and I know somethings wrong.

I walk behind the school and stop when I see a crowd of guys standing around a beaten Ryder and Lark who's on the floor next to his brother. My eyes widen and I'm unsure of what to do. I listen in on what they're saying.

"I never thought I'd see you two again." The guy, whom I presume to be the leader, says.

"Feelings mutual." Ryder responds, he gets a fist to the face and he laughs. My jaw drops slightly as I watch the exchange.

"You're such a dickhead." Lark remarks to which he receives a kick to the gut. That's enough. I turn to leave and get Pogue and Liam but I crash into a hard chest. My eyes widen.

"Yo, Juan!" he calls, this guy is huge and bulky. He grabs my arm and pulls me forward. The leader, Juan, looks at me with hungry eyes which makes me scared and uncomfortable. Ryder and Lark turn slightly and when they see me their smirks drop and their expressions turn worried.

"Well...who are you?" He asks, biting his lip seductively. I stare at him in disgust. I'm not in much of a position to be a smartass, but regardless who would I be without my sarcasm?

"Fuck you." I reply with narrowed eyes. I rip myself away from the guy holding me. Juan stares at me for a moment and grabs my face. I glare at him when he looks down at me.