Chapter sixteen: Sunshine

Chapter sixteen.

Sunshine.

{unedited}

"I love you so fucking much

"I love you so fucking much." My heart stops when I hear him say that. His eyes snap open in realization as he notices what he'd just said. My heart is thumping rapidly in my chest. Larks bottom lip slips into his mouth as he chews on it anxiously. I don't know what to say or what to do, at this point my hand is just sitting in his hair and I don't dare to move anymore. His eyes scan mine and he's kind of hard to read. But, then again, I guess I am too.

"Did you just..." I don't know what else to say. His hands are still on my waist and he clearly doesn't wanna move either.

"Kat say something." He says and I just sit there staring at him. There's a knock at my door and I jump off of Lark quickly. Jordan walks in and he looks between us with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh, sorry, there's some girl at your dorm. She's like going crazy. Liam and Pogue sent me to tell you, Lark. It's some chick named Allison." Jordan explains, the look on Larks face changes and he seems to be completely and utterly shocked. Allison. My mind goes back to when Lark was talking about how his "life wasn't this complicated since Allison" he still hadn't told me who that was.

"Uh...is she like asking for me?" Lark asks with an eyebrow raised. Jordan nods and Lark starts muttering under his breath about her being annoying. He takes my hand and suddenly it feels different to be holding his hand because now I know he feels the same about me as I do him. We leave my dorm and Jordan locks the door for me so that Lark and I can run to the other side of the campus. We jog up the stairs of the building and I can practically hear the screaming coming from Lark's dorm. I glance at Lark who sighs. He takes my other hand in his and presses a kiss to my forehead before opening the door. I take a look around and see Liam and Pogue arguing with a blonde haired girl. She turns around and her brown eyes meet Larks.

"Lark! Finally! God. I heard Ryder was in town an-" she cuts herself off as her eyes fall on me then to my hand which is still in Lark's. She raises an eyebrow. "So, I guess you've made it a habit to have girlfriends?" She asks with a small smirk that makes me uneasy. Jordan stumbles in a few seconds later.

"Allison what the hell are you doing here?" Lark exclaims and she rolls her eyes. She strolls over and he immediately gets in front of me. I sigh and walk onto the other side of him.

"What's your name?" She asks me with a sweet smile on her face. She seems like a complete psychopath. I stare at her for a moment or two before rolling my eyes.

"Kat." I respond and she raises an eyebrow at Lark.

"She's your girlfriend?" She asks and I expect for him to tell her no but he doesn't.

"Yes. Now why don't you tell us all why you've decided to come back." Lark responds in a cold tone. She shrugs.

"Is it so bad that I wanted to see my favourite brothers?" She asks and he narrows his eyes at her. She bites her bottom lip and he tilts his head to the side.