Chapter 26: Forbidden fruit

Chapter twenty-six.

Forbidden fruit.

Kats p.o.v.

Nobody was home. My mom had gone out, Jordan was with Pogue and Liam so I had the house to myself. What would any regular teenage girl do? Probably invite over her super hot boyfriend to do naughty things all over the house but not me. I decided to use my time on dancing around the house to loud music by myself. Its like eleven in the morning and Nick has things to do. He was staying at my house but today he'd gone to look at a college, I decided I'd stay home since he was going with some of his old friends.

My favourite song comes on; "blood in the cut" by K Flay. I find myself singing and dancing in the basement with a bottle of my old mans bourbon, he wouldn't be missing it anyway. He wanted to talk to me and Jordan but I refused to let him anywhere near us after what happened with my mom that one time. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I take a glance at it. It's from Lark. I don't bother reading the message, instead I stuff my phone back in my pocket and continue to dance.

That is, until the devil himself walks down the stairs of my house. I stare at him with a lazy look as he throws his leather jacket on the pool table.

"Whaddup, Kitten?" Lark asks with this genuine smile on his face. I tilt my head to the side, how did he get in?

"Bobby pin." He states and I nod in response. Of course he broke into my house when he could've just knocked. I ignore him and continue to drink the bourbon.

"So you're a day drinker now?" He asks and I give him the finger.

"Since when do you care? You used to smoke at eight in the morning." I reply since he's being a little hypocritical and to be fair it's only eleven so it's not that early. Lark taps his finger on his bottom lip as if he's deep in thought.

"Fair point." He replies with a shrug before sitting on the pool table. I take another swig from the bottle.

"What was so important that you decided to break into my house?" I ask with an eyebrow raised since I know him and he wouldn't come here without a good reason. However, a piece of me slightly hopes he's here because he wants to make out or something so that I can turn him down and crush his dreams.

"I want to talk." He replies, awkwardly rubbing his arm. He looks adorable, although I won't let him know that. I raise an eyebrow at him before leaning against the wall. He wants to talk? About what? How he left me after telling me he loved me? How he broke my heart? How he broke me in the same way Allison broke him? Maybe even worse than that.

"There's nothing to say." I reply in a cold tone.

"Kat, you know there is. Please." He pleas with a sad expression. He's showing me emotions? That's not like him at all. I nod for him to continue and he lets out a sigh of relief.