Chapter seven; anxiety

Chapter seven

Anxiety.

{not edited}

Lucy's phone is in my hand, my parents number is dialled and Jordan is sitting in front of me. I'm staring down at the phone, wondering if I should call or not. Lark had gone to pick up my parents care package that they'd sent, with all the excitement I didn't have a chance to get it.

"Kat, please," Jordan pleas, I know I should call them. I know I should, but would it be so bad if I didn't?

"Jordan, if I don't call them...you have to swear you won't do it anymore," I say, Jordan looks away from me. I narrow my eyes at him.

"You have until tonight to decide if you're going to have a future," I say, getting up and leaving the living room. I walk to Lucy's room and hand her the phone.

"Did you call?" Lucy asks and I shake my head.

"No, He won't make up his mind if he'll stop dealing or continue. So I told him he had until tonight. Larks gonna be here to take me to get my phone soon anyway," I reply.

"What's going on with you and my brother?" Lucy asks curiously, I shake my head.

"Nothing. We're just friends. Me and Liam have something going on I think," I remark and she smirks at me as I walk out of her room. I'm not entirely sure if I should change.

I'm wearing light ripped jeans with a white shirt and my white converse. I leave my outfit alone and slip on Larks jacket, combing through my hair quickly.

There's a knock on the door and I walk outside, I don't find Lark at the door. I find Liam.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, shutting the door behind me.

"Sorry I just showed up, I tried calling your phone but it was out of service," Liam apologizes sheepishly. I smile.

"Yeah, my brother broke my phone," I chuckle and Liam raises an eyebrow at me before chuckling slightly.

"Sorry, were you going out?" Liam asks and I'm about to answer but Lark is here before I have a chance.

"Yes she is," Lark says.

"Larks taking me to buy a new phone. Sorry, I'll call you later okay?" I say to Liam and he nods with a small smile, he glances at Larks smug face then something in his changes. Liam grabs me and presses his lips to mine, I kiss back when I realize what's going on. Liam isn't as good a kisser as Lark but it still sends electricity through my whole body and I feel adrenaline rushing. He pulls away from me, winking at Lark before walking away.

Lark pulls me with him, when we're out of sight he wraps an arm around me.

"So, when do you plan on telling Liam I was your first kiss?" Lark asks and my eyes widen, I look at him with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask, I stop walking to look at him. Lark shrugs.

"Don't you think he deserves to know how much you want to make out with me when you see me?" Lark asks, his hand moving to sit on my hips.

"What makes you think that?" I reply, I know it's true. In fact, it might just be the most true thing I've heard in a while. Lark really is irresistible.

We're just answering each other's questions with a question right now, I might just give him a real answer if he gives me one.

"You don't think I see the way you look at me sometimes?" Lark asks, I'm not surprised at all that he noticed my longing stares because anyone who doesn't is quite stupid.