Chapter 23: too good at goodbyes

Chapter twenty-three.

Too Good At GoodByes.

(Nick Holt is inspired by Nick Ryan in 'Adrenaline' on episode)

"I blew up the science lab in my old school." He replies, I almost stop the car as he says that. My eyes widen and I look at him, he looks up from his phone with an eyebrow raised when he realizes that Allison and I are exchanging glances when I get to a red light. How does he find this so normal?

"What...?" He asks in confusion, looking at us. I start to drive again. Does he seriously not see anything wrong with blowing up a damn science lab?

"You blew up a fucking science lab?!" Allison exclaims before I have the chance. Nick rolls his eyes before shrugging, moving his glasses up with his middle finger.

"No one died! No one was in the school, Alright?" Nick says, pulling out a cigarette. I face palm and click the button to roll the window down on his side. I don't need my car to smell like cigarettes.

"It's cold! Roll it up!" He exclaims. I sigh and ignore him. He rolls his eyes and rolls it up himself before lighting his cigarette. I hate those things. They smell bad are horrible for you.

"Why...did you blow up the science lab?" Allison asks as she rubs her forehead in exasperation, his eyebrows furrow as he thinks. He takes a puff from his cigarette as if it'll help him come up with an answer.

"I was bored that day." He replies simply. Are you kidding? He blows up science labs when he's bored? I shake my head at him in disbelief . I turn into the mall parking lot and park quickly.

"So you're telling me...when you're bored you blow up science labs?" I ask for confirmation because if he says yes I'll make sure to encourage the blowing up of our schools science lab. I hate science, the teachers a total hard ass. He chuckles at my question as he runs a hand through his hair while we walk with Allison into the mall.

"Well, not usually just that one day. The science teacher really pissed me off so I was like 'no science class if there isn't one'" Nick says, my eyes widen when I look at him. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I look at it. It's a message from Lark.

"Can we talk later?" I stare at the message for a second. He wants to talk? Why would he even begin to want to talk to me? Not to mention I'm pretty sure it's better if I didn't talk to him or Ryder ever again considering they probably killed a man. I look at the message for a second before texting him back with a simple "Alright".
Nick nudges me gently with his elbow to get my attention. I glance at him with an eyebrow raised expectantly.

"Are you paying attention?" He asks, I smile and nod because in all honesty I wasn't. We walk around for a while before stopping near an ice cream kiosk so that Allison can get some ice cream.

"It's so cold outside and you want ice cream? You're mad." Nick remarks as Allison eats some of her chocolate ice cream. We start to walk again but this girl that Lark screws around runs into us. What's her name again? Lana? Nick and I exchange glances when she stares at him with this look that makes me want to vomit.