Chapter eleven: home

Chapter eleven.

Home.

I yawn as we sit in the airport

I yawn as we sit in the airport. Everyone's here. Liam, Jordan, Pogue, Lucy and Lark. I'm sitting next to Lark, his arm is wrapped around me and my head is on his shoulder since I'd been napping ever since we got here.

"So, how come you were in Kats bed?" Lucy asks which makes my eyes snap open quickly. That got awkward fast. I blush and bury my face in his jacket, his hand goes to my hair and then I pull my face away.

"Well, for starters I knew that I purposely 'forgot' to tell her about this little trip so I slept over so I could wake her up and not have her freak out." Lark replies with a slight shrug, he really does know me. Larks hand is still in my hair as I play with my bracelet.

He checks his watch and then says we have to go. I get up and grab my suitcase which I packed in under fifteen minutes. I almost killed Lark. We walk to the plane and start boarding. I walk up the steps and sit at the window seat. Jordan goes to sit next to me but Lark raises an eyebrow at him and Jordan walks away muttering under his breath.

"You don't have to be so mean to my brother." I remark and Lark rolls his eyes. Everyone goes and sits down. Lucy and Pogue sit together and so do Jordan and Liam. Lark wiggles down to my height and rests his head on my shoulder, he closes his eyes and goes to sleep as the plane starts to move. I yawn and wrap an arm around him so I can get more comfortable. He snuggles closer to me and I pull my earphones out. Liam glances at Lark and I before turning away. I frown and sigh, turning to look out the window as the plane goes up into the sky.

~*~

The plane lands and I gently tug on Larks hair so he wakes up. He hums and gets up, he frowns and looks out the window.

"Mind getting the bags?" Lark yawns. I roll my eyes and nod. The plane stops moving and we start to get our stuff. Lark gets up and leans against wall of the plane as we waits for me. I struggle to reach his suitcase. Liam comes over and helps me get it, I smile gratefully at him. He's about to help me get my suitcase but Lark comes over and gets it. He sets it next to me before taking his and gesturing for me to follow him. Everyone else follows us out.

"Lark, why did y-"

"Don't ask questions you already know the answer to." Lark cuts me off and I roll my eyes. We walk outside and go through everything we need to. Jordan had told my mom to meet us at the airport to pick us up. Lark and I happened to grow up in the same city but never met considering how big the place is.
Larks arm is around me as he looks at his phone. We're outside waiting for my mom to show up, soon enough there's a silver Tesla in front of us.
My mom steps out of the car and rushes over to us. Larks eyebrows furrow and he clutches me to his chest when my mom comes to hug me.

"Hi mom." I say simply, she looks at Lark with an eyebrow raised.

"Who's this?" She asks I glance at Lark and elbow him.