Chapter 31; Something big

Chapter thirty-one.

Something big.

Larks p.o.v

I'm sitting at the bar of the club just taking shots of whiskey and vodka with Liam, Pogue, Jordan and Ryder while the girls and Nick are dancing. I watch as Kat and Allison dance together with wide grins on their faces, I get this odd feeling in my chest knowing that she's happy.

"What's on your mind, Romeo?" Jordan asks with a chuckle, I send him a glare before downing a shot of vodka. A brunette girl comes over to me and puts a hand on my chest. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Hey, babe." The girl says with a giggle, I peel her hand off my chest and roll my eyes.

"Taken." I say simply before turning back to my drink. Jordan, Ryder, Pogue and Liam exchange glances in shock.

"Did you just send that girl away?" Liam asks with his jaw dropped. I narrow my eyes at him before shrugging.

"Who are you and what have you done with Lark?" Pogue says jokingly. Ryder shorts and I elbow him, he rolls his eyes at me.

"You told her you were taken." Jordan states, I sigh before taking another shot of whiskey and ordering another round.

"Well, I'm technically not. But I'm not looking for someone right now." I reply before thanking the bartender for the shots. Jordan takes one and downs it and so do I.

"Not looking for anyone but Kat." Ryder interjects, I glare at him and turn around to check on Kat. She's still dancing. She looks my way and smirks at me before strolling over.

"What's up, sweetheart?" She asks, grabbing a shot from behind me and throwing it back. I raise an eyebrow at her in amusement. Back when I actually knew Kat really well she didn't drink that much and now she's taking vodka without flinching.

"You sure you want to be taking shots?" Ryder asks and she nods as she grabs another one.

"My tolerance is way up here." Kat replies before raising her hand up high. I chuckle at her before taking my own shot and watching as she turns back around and continues to dance.

"You're whipped." Liam remarks before snickering with Jordan. I send him the finger before turning back to the bar table.

"Isn't she still with Nick, though? Oh my god! Does that make you the mistress?!" Ryder exclaims. Pogue, Liam and Jordan's start laughing uncontrollably. I groan.

"How do I not be the mistress?" I ask before resting my head on the bar table. Liam pats my back before laughing again.