Chapter fifteen: Pillow talk

Chapter fifteen.

Pillow talk.

I'd been running around the house trying to finish getting ready since today was our schools 50th anniversary and we were having a concert in the gym

I'd been running around the house trying to finish getting ready since today was our schools 50th anniversary and we were having a concert in the gym. It's 7 am and we have to be there in twenty minutes to help set up since I'd signed up me and Lark up to help out and preform. Lark knows how to play guitar and I can sing. He's currently just laying down on my bed half asleep. I stare at him for a moment just to take in the extent of his beauty. He snores a little and I scoff.

"Lark, get the hell up we have to be there in twenty minutes!" I yell at him, his eyes snap open and he smirks at me. I'd put on white jeans and a pink shirt with my white vans. I roll my eyes at him. He's always so flirty.

"Nah, can we just stay here? Y'know...use our time to do...other things?" He yawns before closing his eyes again. I cross my arms over my chest, he opens one eye to look at me since he knows I'm staring. He always manages to say something that makes my knees weak solely because he's the one saying it.

"I signed us both up to preform, Lark. C'mon, get up." I tell him and sighs, getting up. He goes to his duffel bag and pulls out white jeans and a pink hoodie.

"I'm matching." He says with a wink and then I leave the room to let him get ready. When I walk out I go to sit on my couch. My phone vibrates in my pocket and when I look it's from an unknown number. I tilt my head to the side for a second before reading the message; "I'm excited to see you and my baby brother preform today ;)" my eyes widen. Ryder? How'd he get my number? I don't want to tell Lark that Ryder had texted me because he'd most likely snap. I delete the conversation as Lark comes out of the room with a grin.

"I look hot." He says and I smile even though I'm worried. I shake my head at him and pick my backpack up off the floor. I walk with Lark to the school and we arrive right on time. We're preforming and so is our school band. Lark and I decided we'd sing an acoustic version of "Highway to hell" by AC/DC. Lark's favourite song is Highway to Hell and AC/DC happens to be my favourite band. Lark had left his guitar in the gym so he wouldn't forget it at home.

"Kit-Kat, can we skip the rest of the day after the concert?" Lark asks with a tired look on his face. I wouldn't mind skipping to be with him but I dunno I just don't want to miss more school than I have already.

"No, I missed a lot of school. If you want you can skip and come back here and I'll meet you for lunch but I can't skip." I tell him and he frowns but nods.

We start to help set up chairs and surprisingly Lark doesn't protest. Okay, he got into an altercation with one of the guys helping out but that was because the other guy said something first. When we're done setting up it's ten minutes before the gym should begin to fill up.

"Hey, Kitten." Lark whispers, we're currently behind the curtain talking. The band is in front of the stage on the floor. They need the extra space.