Chapter 21; Jealous

Chapter twenty one.

Jealous?

After receiving that text I felt uneasy

After receiving that text I felt uneasy. What did he know? Did he know what happened between Ryder and I? Would he be mad? What the hell did he mean by "we need to talk"? With all of these questions for a second I thought great maybe he'll hate me and I wont love him anymore. But, even if he did hate me I knew I'd find a way to still be in love with him. Jordan and Kai are in their kitchen talking about where they should put their bread; in the fridge or in the cabinet?

Blocking them out, I force my fingers to move to text him back. I meant to say "talk about what?" But I said "okay" instead. I sigh, staring at the chat to see if he messages but he doesn't. He leaves me on read.

"Kat, where do we put the bread!" Jordan calls from the kitchen, I roll my eyes.

"The cabinet you fucktard!" I call back. After a few minutes Lark texts back with an eye roll emoji. What the hell? He's typing and says "Kitten you could've told me" is all he says and I don't proceed to respond since there's no excuse.

~*~

Lucy is having a masquerade ball for her birthday in a city hall where she'd invited the whole school plus a few others. I had no date so I would have to drag Jordan along with me. Little black dress with black heels and a black leather jacket was the way to go. My mask only covered my eyes and was Black lace. I'd straightened my hair and looking in the mirror I'm pleased with my reflection.

"You take forever! Hurry up! Lark and the boys are gonna be here any-" there's a knock on the door before Lucy can finish her sentence. I sigh and apply red lipstick as I leave my room to meet everyone. But it isn't everyone. It's just Ryder....in a suit.

"You look gorgeous, sunshine." Ryder says with a smirk. Lucy glances between us with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh okay. Anyway, Come on in Ryder. We're waiting for Liam, Jordan, Pogue and Lark." Lucy explains, letting him inside. I look down at my phone and see the last text Lark sent me. I stare for another second before I feel Ryder touch my waist. I turn my phone off and look up.

"What's wrong?" He asks, scanning my face as he usually does. His blue eyes stop searching when everyone comes inside. Lark and Jordan come in arguing about video games very loudly I must add. Lark and Liam's eyes stop on me.

"You look great." They say together, glaring at each other afterwards. Ryder rolls his eyes and leans against the wall as he waits for us to stop greeting each other.

"Alright guys, lets go. We have to be there before everyone." Lucy says, Lark glances at me.

"You guys go ahead. Kit and I will catch up." Lark says. Ryder sends a glare at his brother before walking outside with everyone else. Jordan shuts the door and I turn to my newly ex boyfriend. His eyes scan my face but I stay stoic. Not the time to show him how nervous I am.