Chapter one; love at first sight

Chapter one

Love at first sight.

'Go to the boarding school' they said

'Go to the boarding school' they said. 'It'll be fun' they said. 'You'll make new friends, you'll fit right in' they said.

If you're curious as to who 'they' are, 'they' are my parents. My amazing parents who just so happened to make the courageous--mainly spontaneous--decision to send me and my younger brother to a boarding school far away from home. Through my parents telling me and my brother that we'd be fine or that we'd have 'fun' I always responded with 'you can't prove that' or my personal favourite 'You can say that all you want, doesn't mean it's true'.

"Kat! Hurry the hell up!" Jordan calls from ahead of me on the luxurious campus that looks like something straight out of a movie. My younger and annoying brother gestures for me to be quick and to come with him. I huff and continue to lag behind him, my mother walking alongside me while my father got some of the movers to get our things up to our rooms.

My parents wouldn't stay with us very long after we had all our boxes settled in our rooms. I won't lie and say I'm middle class, I know damn well that I'm rich. My father owns his own company whereas my mother is a fashion designer and retired model who often models for magazines with her own clothing designs on. With a mother like mine you'd think I'd get to be on a magazine cover at least once, but no my parents decided to keep Jordan and I out of the lime light for as long as possible.

"Mijita, I know you're upset about moving but its for the best," My mother explains sympathetically. Trust me if I gave a crap anymore I'd probably give her a heartfelt apology for being such a bitch toward her and my father these last few days.

"Whatever," I grumble as I speed walk to catch up with my brother who seems to be running a damn mile. The only thing I like about this place is that they have a girls soccer team which I can try out for since I'm wicked good. Oh, how modest of me right?

"Yo, Jordie! Wait up!" I call as I run up behind my brother.

~*~

With all our things in our rooms, Jordan and I hung around the outside of my dorm with my parents who were saying goodbye to us. Their quick goodbyes made my heartache as I watched my parents walk out of the building. I took a deep breath, telling myself repeatedly that I wouldn't cry and that I'd hold back the tears until after Jordan left. Jordan sighed.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kat, I gotta unpack," Jordan tells me as he touches my shoulder, disappearing down the steps. I turn around, walking into my dorm and enclosing myself in my room. I let the tears flow out, when I'm done having my cry I clean up and leave the room as though nothing happened. When I walk out of my room I yelp, seeing a black haired girl sitting on the floor in the living room.

She yelps in response, dropping a Dorito from her mouth. I stare at her, this is probably my roommate. The girl brushes her hands off before getting up and strolling toward me.

"I'm Lucy Everlake, Your roommate," She says, I examine her blue-green eyes as I nod in response.

"Katerina Azalea," I reply, my voice sounding a little too nice then I'd originally intended. My eyes scan around the room slightly before looking at Lucy.

"Hm, well, have you picked up your uniform?" Lucy asks and I nod. Our uniforms, for the girls, are blue skirts that rest just above the knee with black tights. We're required to either wear black sneakers or black combat boots. I chose the latter, we have to wear white button up shirts that necessarily need to be tucked into our skirts.

"Yeah, I did," I respond "Can you...maybe...show me around before school tomorrow?"

**

I finish getting dressed, grabbing a maroon coloured sweater. Instead of wearing the black leggings, I wore black stockings with the combat boots. My hair is curled to perfection, I nod in approval at my appearance. First impressions are everything to me, I grab my backpack as I head out of my dorm. Lucy said she'd meet me at the boys dorm since her brother was there as well.

I walked across the campus, fiddling with my keys as I looked around cautiously. You never know what kind of creeps are around here, I arrive at my brothers dorm and waltz inside. Theres a super, mega hot guy standing in front of the stairs, texting away at his phone. I stare wide eyed, he's gorgeous. My heart flutters and heat rises to my cheeks, my whole body's tingling with nerves.

What is this feeling? I feel like my hands are numb, my keys fall to the floor with what seemed to be a loud clatter in the quiet hall. I practically panic and drop to the floor, I grab my keys quickly and get up faster than I've ever moved. When I realize what it is that's going on, I notice the gorgeous boy had wandered over to me. There's a mischievous glint in his eyes, I get goose bumps and  I pray to anything out there that I don't get flustered and make a fool of myself.

"Who might you be?" The boy asks, a faint accent on his lips. The accent sounds to be Spanish, I look at him in surprise that he'd actually basically asked my name. My mouth is suddenly dry, I feel like theres a frog in my throat.

"I-um, I'm Katerina. Er, my name is K-Katerina but you can call me Kat. I don't know why I'm still talking," I ramble slightly, fidgeting with my keys. Yes, I know I'm a complete idiot.

I'm not exactly sure where my confidence came from but I look into his eyes, he's completely amused by me. Well, Is that amusement or him thinking I'm stupid?

"Right. I'll see you around," I mumble, about to walk past him but he stops me. I meet his eyes, our faces are inches away. His lips are slightly parted, Do I want to kiss him? Should I?

"I'm Lark. See you later, Shortcake," The boy says, tugging on his leather jacket as he leaves me standing there alone.

What...the...holy hell just happened?