Chapter ten; Unnecessary

Chapter ten.

Unnecessary.

{Unedited}

It's been a week

It's been a week. One whole week since I started "dating" Lark. It's been eventful. Every time I walk into school people just move out of the way as if I'm royalty. Our relationship looks real to everyone else but me and Lark know it's not. However, we'll have our little moments where it feels real to us. The other day he took me for ice cream and we kissed without necessarily having to.

"You're not wearing that!" Lark complains from my bed. We decided we were gonna go out tonight with some of his friends. He wanted me to look like I wasn't a "Goodie two shoes". I frown at him.

"Lark, I don't know what the hell you want from me!" I snap and he rolls his eyes, getting off my bed and going to my closet. He starts to pull out a bunch of things, muttering to himself about how he needs to take me shopping. What he picks out isn't bad at all. But, I wouldn't wear that in everyday life. Its faded black high waisted jeans and a white crop top.

"Hey, do you still have my leather jacket?" Lark asks curiously. I nod.

"Yeah, of course," I reply. Dammit. I said of course as if I'm expected to keep it. Lark smirks when he realizes the same thing I did. He opens my drawer and stars to pull out bras and underwear. My eyes widen.

"Lark put that back." I order sternly, he looks at me through my mirror and winks before continuing to ruffle through my shit. He sighs.

"I guess I have to take you shopping to La Senza too, you're boring." Lark huffs, I narrow my eyes at him. He's annoying.

"You shouldn't even be looking at that. Put everything back." I reply in an annoyed tone. Lark rolls his eyes in return and puts everything back before pulling out a red lace bra. My cheeks heat up red in a blush and I look down to cover it quickly.

"Can I keep this?" He asks, when I look up at him he's wiggling his eyebrows comically. I can't help but laugh at him.

"Why? You wanna wear it?" I tease with a smile. He rolls his eyes and shoves the bra in his back pocket. I roll my eyes at him. He thinks he's funny. He tosses underwear to me before exiting the room to let me change. I'm about to start changing when I realize he left the room with my bra in his back pocket. Son of a bitch.

"Lark what the hell?" I hear Pogue laughing outside and I face palm. Holy Jesus. I change quickly and leave my hair curly and walk outside. Pogue and Lark are examining it on the kitchen table. I tilt my head to the side as I watch them poke at it.

"What size do you think it is?" Lark snickers. Okay, that's enough of that.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask, snatching it off the table. Lark's eyes come to me and his jaw practically drops.

"Close your mouth, sweetheart, it's not attractive." I say and he shuts his mouth and rolls his eyes. Pogue looks at us in amusement.

"Shut up. Let's go, smartass." Lark says before getting off his chair. Pogue had come to wait for Lucy since she was at lacrosse practice. We say goodbye to Pogue before walking out of the dorm and down the stairs to his motorcycle. He climbs on and I get on behind him, he always drives too fast so he gives me the helmet.

~*~

His friends spent the whole time grilling him about how I managed to "tame" him. As if he's some sort of lion. They didn't really say anything to me besides "Hey Kat pass the ketchup" and that was all. There wasn't one girl there and all the guys talked to Lark. They spent the whole night laughing and checking out any girl that passed by then chastising Lark because I was right there.

"That was boring." I remark. Lark and I are on our way home right now and he pulled off to the side of the road to check his phone. Lark ignores me and I roll my eyes, getting off the bike.

"Okay...why was it boring?" Lark asks, but he doesn't sound interested at all since he was just on his phone. I roll my eyes again.

"Too much testosterone." I reply. He just hums in response. I furrow my eyebrows and grab his phone from his hands. He looks back up at me unamused.

"Kat. Give it back." He deadpans and I shake my head.

"Yknow you're being a really bad boyfriend right now." I say and he looks at me for a second before getting off his bike. I'm holding the phone in my hands which is at my sides. Lark takes two steps and he's in front of me, looking down at me.

"Give. Me. My. Phone." Lark says slowly. I shake my head at him. It's like a light bulb flicked on in his head because he smirks at me. It all happened so quickly I barely comprehended what was going on. He dipped his head down and kissed me. I felt butterflies in my stomach which was new. I melted into it and then he pulled away and...his phone was gone. He shows me his phone with a smug look on his face, he raises his eyebrows at me. He's actually proud of himself.

"I hate you." I mutter.

"That's a lie and we both know it. Now, get back on the bike. We're going home." Lark instructs. I cross my arms over my chest to stare at him, he mocks my stance.

"Must I repeat myself?" he asks and I roll my eyes, getting back onto the bike. He follows after me and hands me the helmet before starting to drive off. The kiss still had me wondering if he just did it to get his phone back. I mean, there were dozens of other ways he could've done that but he chose to kiss me instead. It takes a while for us to get back to my dorm. He follows me up and instead of just leaving at the door he follows me into my room.

"Lark, you know you can't stay." I tell him before taking my jacket off and hanging it up in the closet. I turn and see Lark already shirtless and laying in my bed. I roll my eyes and go to the bathroom to change into my pyjama. I take my makeup off and brush my teeth before tying my hair and going back outside.

"If you're gonna stay then you're sleeping on the floor." I instruct and he looks up with an eyebrow raised.

"Do you know how many girls in school would literally kill to have me shirtless in their bed? Call yourself blessed." Lark replies with a smug look on his face. I look at him and roll my eyes.

"I'll call myself cursed." I say sarcastically. Lark stares at me unamused and I point to the floor. He doesn't budge, instead he just moves over. I sigh and turn the lights off and making a run to the bed. I jump in and get under the covers.

"Goodnight, Lark." I whisper and he hums in response.

"'Night, Kitten." He mutters before yawning and going to sleep. I sit there laying awake, thinking about things. I have Lark sleeping right next to me. This is unnecessary, no ones gonna see us sleeping together. But, then again, he's trying to get me to fall in love with him. It's a little too late for that but, whatever.

I close my eyes but I'm pulled from behind, Lark hugs me closely. My eyes widen, he's spooning me. I don't say a word, instead I turn on my side and fall asleep. It's warm now.

~*~

"Wake up, kitty. We're going home."

My eyes snap open to Lark staring at me. The sun is just starting to come up, I look at the door and see the whole gang with their suitcases waiting for me to get up.

"Huh?" I ask, my voice raspy from sleep. Lark sighs.

"I know you just woke up so I'll give you a pass for being slow. But, we're going on a private jet in about two hours. We're going home for the weekend. I forgot to tell you." Lark explains. My eyes widen. What a little bastard.

"Lark!" I exclaim and he chuckles. Jordan sighs impatiently.

"Hurry up!" Pogue exclaims.

This is seriously gonna be a long ass weekend.