Chapter 22: Nick

Chapter twenty-two

Nick.

{not heavily edited}

Looking between the boys my eyes are wide as saucers

Looking between the boys my eyes are wide as saucers. All four of the boys are glaring heavily at each other and for a moment I think hey, this is cool. But when Ryder and Lark exchange glances I get worried. Since they're all buddy buddy now I wouldn't be surprised if they teamed up to beat the shit out of Liam and Kai.

"Hey, did we ever finish that fight?" Ryder asks. I'm in between them all, the hall is full and no one would notice us. The music is booming, Lucy said she had a dance planned for us. By us she meant Jordan, Pogue, Liam, Lark, Ryder, she and I.

"You wanna take this outside?" Kai asks confidently. I don't think he should be getting involved with the Everlake boys. It's not smart-at all. Lark smirks slightly.

"I do actually." Lark replies, his eyes darkening. Ryder and Lark smirk at each other as they all leave me standing alone to go outside. Do I follow them? I shake it off and go to find Pogue in the crowd of people. Kai is going to get his ass kicked. I see him with Lucy.

"Pogue! Can you uh, come with me? It's very urgent." I say awkwardly, looking at Pogue with my eyebrows raised. Lucy isn't really paying attention since she's on her phone. Pogue comes with me and I drag him as fast as possible outside. When we get there Liam is yelling at Lark and Ryder to stop. Pogue sighs and runs over. I don't want to get involved again. I can't get another concussion.

"What the hell are you guys doing?!" Pogue yells, I don't really want to watch them beat up Kai. Lark isn't paying attention to his best friend and Ryder's stopped fighting. He's letting Lark continue. I take a deep breath and walk over. I shove Lark away from Kai and step in front of him.

"Take a walk." I growl, looking into his bleen eyes. His eyes narrow at me as he walks off. I clench my jaw and run a hand through my hair.

"What the hell! All I wanted was a normal party without any of your fucking-" Lucy cuts herself off and she rolls her eyes at us all. She's pissed. I feel really bad but I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I sigh.

"Just go. Please." She says, taking Pogue's hand and dragging him with her back inside. I got to Kai and see if he's okay, a few cuts and bruises here and there but otherwise okay.

"You alright?" I ask, still examining him for any injuries. He nods and I help him get up off the pavement.

"That was stupid." He remarks. I shake my head at him. That was stupid. Ryder and Lark literally could've killed him. I turn back and see Ryder staring at us with a glare. I roll my eyes and take Kai's hand, we go to his car and I instruct him to sit in the passenger seat so I can drive.

"Thanks for taking me home." He says. Jordan is still inside at the party but he deserves to have some fun so I leave him. I drive the car back to school, the car ride is silent. I don't want to talk right now, I'm still upset about what happened. Lark is out there somewhere probably being super upset, Ryder is pissed at me and so is my best friend. We arrive at the school, it's so quiet you could hear a pin drop as we walk to his dorm. I stop in front of the building.