Chapter 25: Resistance

Chapter twenty five.

Resistance.

Kats p.o.v.

After the interview I decided I'd pass by the cafe on the way back to my place since I was craving a cookie. I stroll down the road for a little, trying not to think about Lark. When the cafe comes into view I walk in and to my surprise see Allison...with Lark. I roll my eyes that Lark had come here but otherwise get a little excited that she'd come.

"Ali!" I call and she turns around with a grin. She comes over and hugs me, I hug her back.

"It's so good to see you! I didn't think you'd come!" I remark and she chuckles.

"I couldn't miss watching you at rehearsals." She replies. We pull away from each other and Lark is gawking in shock at the fact that Allison and I are friends. I shrug him off as I text Nick to let him know that I went to get a cookie.

"Where's Nicky?" Allison asks, peering at my phone as I show her a picture of a meme he'd sent me. "Nicky" is the nickname I'd given Nick a while ago and it kind of stuck.

"He's with my mom. They're probably watching some telenovela, you know how they like their Spanish soap operas." I tell her which is true. Every time I brought Nick home with me he'd sit with my mom and watch Spanish soap operas with her. For some odd reason they get along quite well and are basically friends.

"Seriously?" Lark asks, his voice flat. I do my best to ignore him as I ask for a cookie. I'd have to wait an hour to get my results for the pairing. There wasn't much harm in getting a cookie and watching some shows with nick and my mom. Jordan had run off with some of his old friends after he got interviewed.

"Bye, Al...Lark." I say Larks name in an annoyed tone and walk out of the place.

Larks p.o.v.

It was no surprise when I got the message to come back home for the results. I tried my best to get paired with Lucy since I wouldn't want to be paired with anyone else. Lucy, however, wanted Pogue. Naturally. Now I'm standing in my moms mansions crowded backyard. Nick and Kitten are standing in front of me. I roll my eyes when he wraps an arm around her, I refuse to hide my feelings for her. I don't want to think about the things he's probably done with her.

"Jordan Azalea with... Lucy Everlake." My mom starts, she goes down the list and then she gets to my name.

"Uh, Lark with... Allison? That can't be right...." my mom pauses for a moment then her eyes widened as she looked at me in the crowd of people. Her eyes then flicked to someone in front of me, not just someone; Kat. Now I knew what her shock was about. I heard Kat's displeased groan as she realized it too.

"Lark and Katerina."

"It's Kat." I could hear her mumble, she didn't like being called "Katerina" unless I was the one calling her it of course. I couldn't help myself, I chuckled. That made Kat freeze, I saw it even from behind her. She was still affected by me, I knew she couldn't have just completely forgotten about what we had. When she finally turned around there was this stone cold glare on her face, I didn't know she could do that; glare like that, I mean. She seemed annoyed in a way, that only made me grin. I scan her face, she knew I was doing it and her expression changed instantly. Stoic. Damn.