Chapter 24: Change

Chapter twenty- four.

Change.

Larks p

Larks p.o.v

Saying goodbye to her was probably one of the hardest things in my life. I knew that convincing Ryder that Kat was better off without us would be easy, I knew she was. She didn't deserve to constantly be getting hurt because of me. Liam is who she should've been with from the start. No matter how much I love her I know what's best for her. Lucy didn't want to let Ryder and I leave alone so she packed her things while Kat was at school.

"Having second thoughts?" Lucy asks from her seat alongside me. I shake my head numbly as I look out the window, I can't help but laugh. Not chuckle but really laugh as I watch the town disappear beneath me. Lucy stares at me like I've grown another hand on my forehead. Based on her facial expression she probably thinks I've lost it and am a crazy bastard for sure.

"No, it's just...a few months ago if you told me I'd be leaving because of a girl I'd laugh in your face and tell you to fuck off." I chuckle through that sentence. We'd all changed our phone numbers and only given them to our parents, Liam and Pogue. My mom and dads divorce was finalized really quickly and we were going to Canada to live with our dad since our mom wanted to stay in the hometown and I knew we couldn't go back there in risk of running into Kat when she came home for Christmas and just ruining her life again.

Her birthdays coming up and I'd already bought her present, I was going to mail it to her a day before since I wanted her to know I was serious about being in love with her.

"Think Allison won't come looking for us?" Ryder asks from the seat behind me, tugging on my hair. I swat his hand away and turn quickly, kneeling on the seat and reaching back to try to punch Ryder in his stupid face.

"Woah, easy there. No need to fuck up my face! Those Canadian girls won't know what hit 'em." He remarks and I start to mock him in a high pitched voice which only causes a mini argument resulting in hands being thrown at each other.

"Stop It you're acting like you're five." Lucy snaps. As I lean back in my seat, closing my eyes to repeat kissing Kat in my head as the last kiss I'd ever share with her but she wouldn't know that, not until I was actually gone.

Kat's p.o.v

Lucy's room was empty and I knew she cleared it out when I was at school. I'd already read Ryder and Lucy's letters, I'm too scared to read Lark's. I'd been bawling my eyes out for about two hours at this point and I'm pretty sure there was so no more tears left to shed. It's like he purposely made it harder for me, telling me he really loved me then just leaving. Nick, Liam, Pogue and my brother are sitting on my couch in silence as I reread Ryder's letter repeatedly. He's such an idiot. Looking at the letter I kind of just laugh.

"Dear Sunshine,

I meant what I said. Saviour of the damned. LOL! Anyway, sorry I lied about why I was leaving and didn't tell you with who but you'll always be my sunshine. Catch ya' later, hottie!