Chapter 29: Pretty little liar

Chapter twenty-nine.

Pretty little liar.

{not heavily edited}

Kats p.o.v.

My fingers fly against the keyboard as I text him back to find out why he's coming here. I need to get dressed, like fast. Lark needs to hide in Jordan's room and I literally just slept with Lark. I slept with Lark. Oh my god.

"Oh my god." I mutter before bringing myself back up by holding onto the bed.

"What?" He asks, when I look at him I want to get back into bed and forget about Nick so I look away quickly.

"You need to get dressed and go to Jordan's room. Too late for you to leave. Nick will probably see you." I say all that in one breath. I get up and toss my phone onto the bed before running quickly through the house with the blankets still around me. I trip and hit myself against the threshold of the bathroom door, Lark is dying of laughter from the bed as I push myself back up and get into the bathroom. I find my robe and put it on, going back out and searching for clothes.

"Can you relax?" Lark asks with an eyebrow raised. Is he fucking joking? I cheated on my boyfriend like three times and I didn't regret it once so yeah I'm a little panicked. I send him a hard glare as I pull my clothes out, If I'm going to manipulate him to my best extent then I need to look the part. I slip on my bra and underwear quickly while Lark gets dressed in the bathroom. I put on booty shorts and a crop top before fixing everything up, I huff when I see the hickey on my inner thigh and the multiple ones on my neck and collarbone, I mumble under my breath as I grab my concealer to clean that shit up.

"Alright." I murmur to myself, Lark comes out of the bathroom and I grab him by his wrist and drag him with me down the hall to Jordans room. When I open the door Jordan is sitting there watching tv. I'm about to push Lark in but he looks down at me, his head dips down and he's about to kiss me but I push him into the room before he has a chance. I tie up my hair and start to jog down the stairs.

As if on cue, the doorbell goes off. I open the door and Nick is standing on the other side of it, I kiss him and let it linger on a little but not too long. I want him to be thinking about me the whole time, I want him distracted.

"Hey..." He mutters to me, his voice husky. Got him. I let him in and I contemplate bringing him up to my room. We go to the living room and sit on the couch, I stare at him expectantly. He takes a shaky breath before looking at me in the eyes.

"I just wanted to know if you still love Lark. I won't beat around the bush about it, I want to know and I hope you tell the truth. I want you to be happy even if it isn't with me." He says and I almost freeze but I know better than to do that. Instead, I look up at him and feign annoyance.

"I don't love him, Nick. Not anymore." I reply in the most sincere tone that I have, I have to be convincing because after today no more scandals with Lark or anything of the sort. I couldn't do that to Nick. He nods in response, I look at the time and see that it's pretty late.