Chapter two; Everlakes

Chapter two

Everlakes.

I walk the halls of the huge school, I've gotten to know it a little since I've been here for three days

I walk the halls of the huge school, I've gotten to know it a little since I've been here for three days. Sighing, I stop in front of my locker. As I grab a few textbooks, my locker slams shut. I jump back, dropping my textbooks. I look up to meet the eyes of Lark. My heart drops and so do I as I grab my books, looking down to hide my now red cheeks.

"Didn't mean to startle you, Shortcake," Lark explains, his voice sounding like honey. He's honey and I'm the bee, I haven't known him long. We only had one conversation and that was two days ago. I get up with my books in my arms as I hug them close to my chest so he doesn't see how much of a nerd I am.

"I suppose slamming my locker shut would've been the best way not to scare the living crap out of me rather then to politely say a simple word which would be 'hello'," I remark sarcastically. Lark raises an eyebrow at me as though he's surprised at my sarcasm. I don't say another word as I mock his leaning stance, awaiting for him to respond.

"I suppose that slamming your locker shut wasn't the best way to get your attention," Lark agrees, following close behind me. For some reason the butterflies don't leave my stomach.

"Mhm, What did you want anyway? It's not like you remember my name," I ask, my voice filled with genuine curiosity. Lark peers at me, I don't look back at him as I continue to walk.

"I do remember your name, Katerina, sorry I forgot you told me to call you Kat," Lark mocks me, that's when against my will my cheeks heat up in flames. Lark takes notice, walking closer to me. Lark stops me from walking, gently grabbing my wrists. I look into his green-blue eyes, okay I've decided they're Bleen. Get it?

Lark's perfectly full, pink lips part. My heart skips a beat, He's so close to me. I can hear my heart beating in my ears.

Lark leans in and instinctively my lips part, he moves right past my lips. His mouth is beside my ear.

"Do I make you nervous?" Lark whispers, his fingers run up and down my arm for extra effect. With every word he whispered, I got tingles. Everywhere his fingers went, left a trail of goose bumps along my skin.

"N-no," I say, trying to sound sure of myself but instead I sound nervous. Lark pulls away with a chuckle that sounds like melted chocolate. I'm making myself crave honey and chocolate.

"I think otherwise," Lark says, this is a fight or flight situation. I took the latter. However, instead of just scurrying away my dumbass ran like the flash. I keep running like I'm running a marathon, I knock into a wall and I rub my head.

"Fuck, why the hell do they put walls everywhere," I murmur, a deep chuckle causes my eyes to widen and instinctively I look up. My brown eyes meet the dark brown ones of a hot guy. He's not as hot as Lark but he's pretty damn good looking. I blink a few times to assure myself that I indeed am not hallucinating. The guy smiles warmly, extending his hand out to help me up. I pause for a second before taking his hand in mine, I stand up graciously. 'Graciously' means almost tripping on myself.

"Is that the new term for people now? Calling them walls?" The guy asks, I frown slightly. The guys smile stays but it turns to a goofy smile when I smile in return. I've been told I have a beautiful smile, apparently so.

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers," I remark in a 'know-it-all' voice, my smile turning into a smaller one. The guy stares at me with an eyebrow raised, he seems to be amused.

"Well, I'm Pogue. See? Now we're not strangers," the guy says and I nod, my smile returning slightly.

"I'm Kat," I reply, running a hand through my hair. Pogue grins. This guy seems to be super sweet, he's also mega hot so would it really hurt to be his friend? Maybe more? Who am I kidding? He's probably way higher up the food chain than I am. I'm not even on the food chain. He's probably on the top.

"So, Kat, where 'ya headed?" Pogue asks, walking alongside me as I plan on walking to my dorm to get some sleep. School ended about twenty minutes ago but I got lost. I'm pretty sure Pogue, Lark and I are the only students left who aren't in a club.

"Home, you?" I ask, slipping on my black hoodie as we step outside. Pogue is wearing his uniform: black jeans and a white button up shirt with a blue tie. His shoes are simple black timberlands, his jacket a black varsity jacket.

"If you're going home then I guess I'm going to yours," Pogue replies, a prim smile on his face as I stare at him with an amused expression on my face. It's not long before Jordan is walking alongside me and my new friend.

"Hey, Kat," Jordan says, I give him a simple nod. He and Pogue do some secret handshake that it seems all males just happen to know, us girls don't have a handshake that's programmed into all our brains which is quite weird. I mean, why do guys get a hand--ok, I'm rambling. Sorry.

"This is my brother Jordan. Jordan, This is Pogue," I introduce them, gesturing to the two with the sound of their names. Pogue gives Jordan a small wave before we continue walking to my dorm.

When we arrive, Lucy is walking around the house talking to someone. Pogue raises an eyebrow, Jordan goes straight for the fridge as we walk into the living room to find mr. Tall dark and sexy sitting on my couch. Lucy and I have different preferences when it comes to couches and living spaces. Lucy likes her couches hard and uncomfortable, she finds them comfortable but I just don't. Her couch is big enough for three people, mine is soft to the touch and when you sit down it sinks. I find that so comfortable, I even have a fluffy blanket on it for when I wanna take a nap on the couch.

My couch is black, Lucy's is grey. We decided we'd coordinate on dark colours for our dorm. The walls, however, are white with a black feature wall. We have a carpet that's white and furry, a black coffee table above it.

"Lucy? You live with Lucy?" Pogue asks in astonishment and I nod, sending him a weird look before focusing on Lark who's sitting with his legs sprawled out on my couch. He's on his phone, both earphones in. He probably didn't even notice we walked in, or the fact that Lucy was trying to talk to him. Also, I'm beginning to see a resemblance between Lucy and Lark; the bleen eyes, the black hair and not to mention the fact that their names both start with 'L' which is an irrelevant connection but whatever.

"What about living with Lucy?" I ask, curious if she really is Larks sister. Because if so, I'll probably have to make sure I don't look like shit everyday just in case he comes to visit.

"She's Larks twin sister. Lark Everlake is the most important person in our school. What's that term girls use?" Pogue asks, looking up in thought "that's right; he's the bad boy," Pogue explains.

I guess having the bad boy title also comes along with being hot and kind of the player. Which also means, Lark will never notice me.

"Lark!" Pogue yells, when he doesn't hear anything, Pogue picks up a stress ball that Lucy keeps in a bowl next to the door on a small wooden table. Every morning she takes one out, each time a different colour for her mood.

Pogue chucks it at Lark, knocking Larks phone out of his hand. Lark doesn't jump or move, he pauses for a second before pulling his earphones from his ears and picking his phone up. He leaves it on the coffee table as he gets up.

"Pogue, what in the fu-" Larks mouth clamps shut when he sees, me standing next to Pogue and Jordan. Does he know I live with his sister?

Better yet, I'll get to see Lark more often since Lucy's his sister.

I know I sound a little like a stalker but he's so gorgeous.