51- Loveless

Riza Pov.

Its been about a day since we last saw Kotetsu and Asoka. We had made slow and sad progress walking to Konohagkure.

Kyosuke walked infront of us, next to the cattle that pulled the cargo. We now neared the village gates and Izumo was on post with a diffrent chunin from what we could see. Izumo waved, and we made a feeble attempt to wave back. We all were utterly depressed at the moment, Asoka being passed out really bummed us out. She kinda grew onto us in her own quiet way.

Asoka is smart, quiet, and down to earth. Her silent gaze with her purple-blooded eyes seems to hold wise thoughts and kindness, even behind the façade. And sometimes, she'd just stare off into the distance, a longing look on her face, soft smile and eyes downcast, sitting down with hands resting on her knees.

Hich and Watanuki both liked Asoka, who could tell the diffrence between them. Kyosuke seemed to respect Asoka, and worried in his own way.

Before he had told us about his Kekkai Genkai, and the reason the Akatsuki was targeting him.

The silent tension continued to burn our group from the inside out. Hich and Watanuki were silent their eyes downcast and the auras around them having a devoid and depressing feeling, much more diffrent from their usual outgoing and happy-go-lucky selves. Even Gai was unusually quiet, I looked at him to see he was looking back at me. Our gazes locked and I smiled a bit.

"How about, when Asoka is all better, we go on a double date with her and your Rival, slash, her husband." I suggested. Gai's eyes lit up and he grinned, bringing everybody from their depressioned feelings.

"That would be amazing my Seed of youthfulness!" He announced and juged me. I smmiled and retorted back with.

"Yes! My man filled with love for amazing youthfullness! You are aa youthful loving rose! Your thorns strick me with love!"

"I am in love with your youthfullness! Marry me!" Gai went on one foot and pulled out a candy pop.

"I am in love with your love for youthfullness! I will marry you! In candyland where all the gumdrops play." I announced taking the ring, putting it on my finger, gazing at its artificial coloredness and plopped it in my mouth. Tastes like watermellon... Yum!

I gave a close eyed smile and a hum of enjoyment. He grinned and gave me a thumbs up. We walked on and were now past the gates. We made our way to the Hokage's Building and left the cattle and cargo outside, walking down the halls.

All five of us, Hich, Watanuki, Me, Gai, and Kyosuke, stood infront of the doors, and knocked. A 'come in' was heard and I opened the door, leading everbody behind me.

"Gai... Team Kana... there you are... I heard what happened to Asoka, but all I understood was that, a serious Genjutsu was placed on her. Can you tell me, who did it?" The Hokage greeted and asked.

"Itachi Uchiha." The moment those words were thrown into the air, they hovered there for a few moments, and slowly were sucked into understanding.

"Is that so..." The Hokage sounded grave. "First Orochimaru... and now the Akatsuki.." He mumbled. Kyosuke'd eyes widened slightly from what I could see in the corner of my eye.

"She wasn't the reason the Akatsuki was there. It was me, if you remember..." Kyousuke became quieter as he went along.

"But why would the Akatsuki want you..?" The hokage asked slightly shocked and confused.

"I-I can read minds... its part of my Kekkai Genkai. The Akatsuki thought my ability had use and wanted to use me for their plans..." Kyousuke confessed.