8-Alone, Such a Kind Word

Asoka's POV

-Dream-

I stood above everyone on the clouds, watching a scene unfold underneath me. My 'father' and 'mother' were arguing with one another at the family lake house. They were walking together outside, by the lake.

"What if someone tries to call her?!" My 'father' yelled.

"I disconnected the number from the Phone Company." My 'mother' told him, with a smirk accompanying her words. A young man ran into the scene; he looked 20 or so, his hair a burnt black and his eyes a light green. I glared from my comfortable cloud down at him. Ozzy...

"I want to marry your daughter." He said, a determined look on his face.

"She's gone, probably dead." Carter, aka, my 'father' snapped back, a cold look on his face.

"No, I just talked to her. She's feisty. I like it. Find her, and I'll convince my father to give you a 'generous' donation." Ozzy said with a scary smirk. Carter seemed to hesitate for a second, but then he smirked.

"Ah, but she's nothing special, just a stupid girl who ran away from home." Carter told Ozzy nonchalantly.

"Bastard..." I hissed under my breath, still on the cloud. Everyone's head snapped towards my direction. "You are all such selfish bastards! I'm never coming home. I died, so stop looking for me." I hissed. Everyone looked around for me, well, my disembodied voice.

"Asoka?!" My 'mom', aka, Emma yelled, looking around for me. Heh, she's smart. I jumped from the cloud to a tree and soundly landed on the floor.

"What do you want? You said I should die and leave, calling me a slut." I hissed, unsheathing my sword and pointing it at her neck. She backed up, her hands held in the air in a gesture of surrender.

"Now - Asoka, let's not do anything rash-" I cut her off.

"Shut up!" She visibly flinched at my harsh voice. "What do you know about rash?!" I yelled at her. I growled and sheathed my sword. She went to slap me, but her hand went straight through me. Gasping, she stepped back, her face pale. Ozzy looked at me, flabbergasted.

"Asoka-" He began.

"Shut up." I hissed at him, cutting him off. "You can go cry at my funeral, good riddance. I won't miss this world." I spat at him. I turned back to my father. "Being your daughter made me miserable; I couldn't have justice for being 'assaulted'...but now..." An evil grin made its way to my face as I left the scene.

-FF-

People screamed, running from the bar as blood splattered the walls. As my katana drove through my first assaulter's chest, blood splattered everywhere, and some of the crimson liquid splattered on my cheek and clothes. I turned to my second assaulter with a wicked grin, thrusting the katana out of my first assaulter's chest, slashing the second's neck in one blow. The third looked at me with eyes as wide as saucers, then scrambled for the door, pathetically trying to escape. However, I appeared before he could, grabbing him by the scruff of his neck and pulling him up, successfully cutting off his air. His eyes became wider as he saw me. Still grinning, I took my katana and put it to right next to his neck...

-dream end-

I shot up with a scream of fright, drenched in cold sweat. My hand was placed over my heart which was beating rapidly within my chest. I breathed in through my mouth quickly, coughing the breaths out as my anxiety took over.

I put my hand on my side as if keeping me from falling apart. I felt something tugging at the bottom of my heart, seeming to drown me in...Distaste..? Guilt..? Pleasure...? I couldn't sort out the emotions scrawling around my body. I closed my eyes and tried taking in a long shaky breath, then exhaling. Opening my eyes, I saw my room, lighted by the lamp post outside. It was night; I could hear muffled crickets noises, which probably meant my window was closed. I turned to see that it, indeed, was. The branch outside scratched the window every second or so slightly, as if asking to come in.

I need air.

I unlocked the window and opened it; a small swish of wind entered the room, along with some flower petals. I climbed on the windowsill and pushed myself onto the branch of the tree which seemed to grow to catch me. I climbed up said tree and onto the roof of Kakashi's house. The wind tossed my short hair around and caressed me. I lay down and silently looked at the stars, just thinking...

- - - - Meanwhile - - - -

(Third Person POV)

An elderly man and his wife watch T.V silently on the couch. Their faces were blank and they were watching with little - if any - interest.

A woman on the T.V screen cries to her friend about her boyfriend; the channel changes to the news. A reporter is at the crime scene with police. A man who looks like a thug is crying; blood is splattered his hands as he describes his friends' killer. He confesses that he, along with his dead friends, assaulted someone before. The camera zooms onto a message painted in blood on the wall.

Now, the man and woman look, shocked, at the television. Then, they both blanch, and look at each other.

"Emma and Carter pushed me to do this" the bloody message read, a rose shaped blood splatter on the bottom. The couple looked at the news channel in horror as civilians told what they had spotted before they left the scene.

"A girl, brown hair, violet eyes. She smelled like roses and was very pretty, about 5"2'. She looked to be about 17 or 18. The thug, whose friends were killed, described the girl as Asoka Rose, a girl they had 'assaulted'.

"Further questioning shall be given, along with a sentence. We are looking into this; stay tuned for more." The reporter says, facing the camera.

"Now for the weather wi-" the T.V was turned off as the man shook his head with a rude curse.

"That stupid girl keeps ruining my company's image!" The man yelled, slamming his fist on the expensive mahogany coffee table.

"That slut! The deal was if they keep quiet, they get money. Now we lost a million! We're sure to be questioned..." The woman growled. Suddenly, the man looked at the woman with a malicious smile.

"Erase the evidence." He said. She smirked and nodded.

*end chapter*

- - - - - -

So this was supposed to be a freaky chapter...please tell me if you felt...scared, adrenaline, or threatened. If so, then I'm doing my job :D

Sorry! ADHD is against me, that's why the chapters are short...I keep walking into walls, trees and such...

COMMENT

VOTE

DO SUMTHING!

-Anna

Edited as of 10/11/12 for spelling and grammar!