- dinner at jack's -

Sometimes you have to do things for the people you love that your really rather not. Like today, for instance. Jack called earlier and invited the two of you to dinner at his place.

Instead of making up an excuse and ending the call with a "hey, I'll call you tomorrow and we can figure something out," Finn said yes, and so here you are baking brownies for tonight.

The problem here is that Finn and Jack are super good friends, but you just can't stand Jack sometimes. I mean, he's part of the reason for your blow up fight with Finn that almost caused an end to your relationship, so really what's to like?

"Those smell great. Jack will love them, babe." Finn says, kissing your cheek.

"Yeah well there's no weed in them, so I'd think twice on that." You say, walking out of the kitchen.

"Hey, look. I know you don't like Jack all that much. But please try to be nice, for me?"

You roll your eyes. "Fine."

"We should get going. Jack said to be there by 7."

"Okay. Get the car on. I'll bring the brownies in a sec."

You move the brownies to a cute container and meet Finn in the car.

The drive is very short. Probably like 10 minutes. Jack's apartment building is nice. Like, really nice.

"He said the doorman will let us up." Finn says, opening the lobby door for you.

Doorman? How expensive is this apartment??

"Hi, sir. We're here to see Jack Dylan Grazer." Finn says to the doorman.

"Oh yes! Mr. and Mrs. Wolfhard?"

"Uh, yeah."

Classic Jack move. Asshole.

"Floor four. Room seventeen."

Finn holds your hand in the elevator and whispers "be nice" before knocking on Jack's door.

"Hey! Mr. and Mrs. Wolfhard! Come in!" Jack says, opening the door.

"Thanks for inviting us. Y/n made brownies." Finn said.

"They look absolutely delicious. Hey, y/n, I bet you got a kick out of the Mr. and Mrs. joke, huh?"

"Yes. It was hilarious."

"Ha! I knew you'd love it. Hey guys, I ordered some lasagna and salad and stuff. Take a seat."

You sit next to Finn at Jack's dining table.

"So Jack, where's the lady?" Finn asks, holding your hand underneath the table.

"Ellie? Oh, she's around. We got in a huge ass argument yesterday so she's probably at her ex's or some shit. Typical Ellie." Jack says while serving three plates of lasagna.

"That doesn't like, bother you at all?"

"Nah, man. She doesn't do anything with 'em. She just goes there because I know she's there, you know what I mean? If I know she's at her ex's, she feels like, I don't know, entitled or some shit."

Jack brings the plates to you and Finn.

"Thanks." You say.

"Of course, Mrs. Wolfhard."

You let go of Finn's hand and you begin eating.

It's good, but you know that you could make a hell of a better lasagna.

Jack sits down in front of you guys. He wolfs down his food, like he's done in two minutes.

"Jack, you always eat that fast?" You ask.

"Yeah, I mean I'm used to being quick with my mouth." He says, winking. "Not like you'd know."

You fake laugh. "Yeah, right. I mean I kinda forgot you were straight until you started talking about Ellie but..."

Finn squeezes your kneecap as a "stop talking" signal. But I mean, are you gonna listen? Probably not.

Jack ignores your comment and he pulls something out of his pocket and fiddles with it for a bit before putting it in his mouth. Yup. It's a juul.

"Finn, man, you gotta try this new juul I got. It's insane. Way better than my old one."

Before Finn could talk, you interrupt.

"I don't think Finn will be doing anything of the sort but thank you Jack for the disgusting offer."

"Okay. It's clear that she doesn't wanna be here so I think we're gonna go. Thank you for the lasagna, Jack. It was great."

"Yeah its all good. I don't want that bitch here anyways." Jack says before inhaling again.

"Uh, excuse me?" Finn asks, stepping towards Jack.

"Dude, she's totally killing the vibe. She's negative. If it weren't for her boobs I wouldn't have even invited her. Have fun marrying that."

"Okay, first of all, nobody but me gets to look at my girlfriend's boobs. Second of all, you're a piece of shit. And third of all, the lasagna tastes like shit. Y/n's is way better. Goodbye, asshole."

You've really never seen Finn get so mad at another person. Like ever.

Finn pushes you out the door and he stops you.

"Hey, you were right. We shouldn't have come. I'm sorry babe."

"It's ok. Let's just go home and redo the night, alright?"

"Alright. Let's do it. Let's go home."