- midnight date -

Finn had a really cute idea for a date tonight. The two of you spent all day cooking homemade pizza, salad, brownies and cookies to take on a midnight picnic.

Outside of Vancouver are some really pretty mountain ranges where you can park your car and enjoy the nature. The two of you are really excited to go.

"Babe, should be bring pillows and blankets too?" Finn asked you.

"Well, do we wanna sleep out there tonight? We can pull down the car seats in the back and set up an area for us to sleep." You say, putting the salad into two containers along with some plastic silverware.

"That's actually a really good idea. I'll bring a lot of blankets and pillows then, so we can stay warm tonight."

"Sounds good babe."

It's around 10:30 right now, so you're about to get on the road. It's gonna take a little time to get there.

"Alright, we got the food, the blankets, the pillows, and my wallet in case of an emergency. We good?" Finn asks, fiddling with the car keys in his hand.

"I think so. You look cute by the way." You decided it would be best to just wear pajamas because you'd be sleeping anyway. Finn has a Star Wars shirt on and some flannel pants. You just put on a big sweater and leggings.

"Oh, stop. Cmon, lets get on the road." His cheeks get red and he smiles.

The two of you get in the car and you drive. It's not your car, it's Finn's mom's. You asked to borrow it for tonight.

"Ooh, I brought CD's. Which one, Neutral Milk Hotel or MGMT?" Finn asks.

"Hmm, Neutral Milk Hotel sounds good. They're my favorite." You say.

Finn plays the CD and it instantly lightens the mood. The mellow sounds calm you down so that you can properly drive in the dark.

"You alright, babe?" Finn asked, putting his hand on your thigh.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just, driving at night stresses me out a little."

"Don't be scared, babe. You're good. We're good. Nothing's gonna happen."

"Sing." You said.

"What?"

"When you sing, I instantly feel happy, and, calm."

"Aw, really?" Finn gets all smiley.

"Mhm." You look at him for just a second and smile back.

Finn then turns the music up and sings along with it. It made the drive easier. He's such a blessing.

Before you knew it, you and Finn found the perfect spot to park that overlooked the mountains. There was just enough room for the car, so no one else could park nearby if they tried to.

The two of you hopped out of the car and opened up the trunk where all the pillows and blankets were. Finn pushed the seats down so that there was more room.

"Ah, it's so peaceful out here." You say, sitting next to Finn.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." Finn takes your hand in his and rests his head on your shoulder.

"I love you, Finn."

"I love you too, y/n. Ooh, the food! I'm hungry. We should eat."

You get the picnic basket and the two of you began to eat the pizza and salad.

"This is actually really good. I'm impressed that I cooked this well." Finn said.

You laugh. "You did really good. I'm gonna make you cook this for me all the time now." You say, nudging Finn in the side.

"Only if you make dessert."

"Of course. I was mostly teasing, but I think I'll take advantage of your cooking skills now."

"Very funny. But I like catering to you, so I won't mind." Finn said, finishing his last piece of pizza.

You smile. "I'm so lucky."

"Why's that?"

"What do you mean? Because of you. I have you. You're perfect. You're my dream. I don't deserve you."

Finn attacks you with a bear hug and lies you down.

"That's literally the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me."

You kiss his cheek. "You deserve it."

"See, but I feel how you feel. I feel like I'm the lucky one. That I don't deserve you. That you're my dream."

"Well, we're both lucky it's not a dream." You say, softly laughing.

"I guess we are. Now, what do you say we close the trunk now?" Finn asks.

"I'd say that's a great idea."