- can you feel me? -

This imagine was requested by the lovely @eyesofwater ❤️

The fire. The fire is what ruined your eyes. You can still feel the scorching pain as you tried to get out of bed as fast as possible. The house was completely in flames, and you were the last one out.

Luckily, your family along with your dog are all ok. But something happened to you. The fire burned your eyes so badly that now you're temporarily blind. Temporarily is a scary word because you have no idea how long "temporarily" means.

For about two weeks now you've been coming in for weekly check-ups in the hospital. Your town is too small for you to see a clinical ophthalmologist, so the hospital is your best bet.

Every Wednesday they put you in a shared hospital room where they drop some kind of liquid in your eyes and leave you there for an hour to see the effect. It's beyond boring.

You feel like it's been eternity already. But it's been ten minutes. After a few more minutes of silence, something finally breaks it.

"Hey." You hear a voice say from across the room. You hesitate to answer, because you're not entirely sure if they're talking to you or not.

"Um, hey?"

"Why do you seem so hesitant?" The voice, which appears to be a male's, asks.

"Well, I'm blind. So I can never really tell if people are talking to me or not."

"You're blind?"

"Temporarily."

"Well that's too bad."

"Why's that?" You ask, slightly offended.

"Well if you're blind then you can't see how beautiful you are."

You can't help but blush. "Thanks."

"You're probably wondering why I'm here then."

"Oh yeah. What happened to you?"

"Well, for a movie I'm in, there's a scene where we have to jump off a cliff basically. Asked if I wanted a stunt double. I said no. Broke my leg."

"Oh my god. I'm sorry." You say.

"No biggie. I'm Finn, by the way."

"Y/n." You say. "So are you like famous or something?"

Finn laughs. "The movie is famous. I'm not."

You smile. "Oh, okay."

"I'm here for physical therapy. There's no independent clinics here that specialize in that so I've gotta come here."

"Same. But, for my eyes."

"Gotcha. Hey, I've got an idea."

"An idea?" You ask.

"Mhm. Since you can't see me, why don't you feel what I look like?"

You laugh a bit. "Feel what you look like?"

"Yeah. Can you.. uh... walk over here or do you want me to-,"

"I can walk over there. I'm pretty good at using touch to walk places easier." You get up off the hospital bed slowly.

"Here. I'll guide you with my voice. Turn left a bit, then walk straight like five or six big steps."

You do what Finn says and try to feel for the edge of his bed.

"Here." You feel him grasp your wrist lightly to help you sit down.

"Thanks." You say.

"Scoot forward a bit."

You scoot forward until you're basically sitting in his lap. This is weird.

"Now, feel for my hair."

You reach out and feel around for his hair. You finally come in contact with it. It's super fluffy and curly it feels like.

"It's fluffy. Like a lion." You say.

Finn laughs.

"Keep going. But feel different areas now."

You trail your fingers down a bit. You feel his cheeks, which were really warm. Then you feel his neck, then his shoulders. You stop after there so that you don't come off as creepy.

"You can keep going." Finn assures you.

You move your hands down his chest, and then his stomach, when he giggles a little bit.

"Sorry. Tickles a little." He says shyly.

You laugh. "Oops."

He's wearing a thick sweater. It feels nice. It's the kind of sweater that you just want to bury yourself in. So warm and comfy.

"Can you feel me?" He asks. "Like, do you think you could describe me based on just what you felt?"

"Hmm. I'd say you're a curly haired, baby faced, skinny teen my age with a good taste in sweaters." You say, laughing.

Finn laughs back. "Not bad. You are good with your other senses."

"Why thank you."

"But there is one place you didn't feel." He says.

Oh god, this isn't gonna get weird,is it?

"Where would that be?" You ask.

"My lips."

Before you could even respond, Finn reaches out and kisses you, his thumb across your cheek and grazing underneath your chin once he's finished.

"Well now I've felt them." You say.

"And what's your take?"

"They're soft. Light. Sweet, even."

"I'm glad."

——————- time skip ——————

Sadly, that was the last you'd said to him. The doctor called for you right after the kiss. But you just can't stop thinking about him.

You even asked your sister to google search movies being filmed in the area with a cliff diving scene, but no dice. Why do producers have to be so secretive?

Another couple weeks went by. You finally got your vision back. Your eyes were ultra sensitive, but you decided to take the wins where you could get them.

You came in to the hospital for your last appointment. You sit in the shared room and hope to see a boy your age across from you. But the bed was empty.

30 minutes passed and you lost hope that he'd come. But you shouldn't have given up so soon.

As soon as he came in, you knew it was him. The curly hair, the soft face, and the sweater.

His eyes lit up at the same time as yours. It was like magic.

"Hey. I'm guessing you can see again." Finn says, smiling.

"That I can. And I like what I see."

The two of you kissed once again, or, maybe three times again, but this time before you left you made sure to exchange phone numbers.

Meeting Finn was a good lesson about trusting the inside of a person. The outside is merely a big cherry on top of a sundae. From then on, you never judged the outside of a person again. Because the man you ended up falling for was just a personality the first time you spoke.