- overprotective -

Today was such a fun day. You and Finn got bored, so you went out. You went to pizza and now are at a new arcade that opened up downtown.

"Yes! I beat your score again! Ha!" Finn says, smiling. You've been having a Ms. Pac Man war for the past thirty minutes and Finn beat you once again.

"We get it, Wolfhard. You're the nerd of all nerds." You laugh, rolling your eyes.

"Uh huh, sure y/n. You're just mad because you can't stop me. Oh, also. I'm gonna need some more tokens."

"Okay." You laugh. "I'll go get some more. Be right back."

You head to the token machine that was just a few feet from the Ms. Pac Man machine. There was someone in front of you, so you just wait.

"Oh, hey. Sorry, I put like fifteen bucks worth of tokens in there. It might take a minute." The guy in front of you says, turning around.

"It's cool. No worries." You say, smiling.

"Uh, so, you like this place? I was super pumped when I heard about it. I love classic arcade games."

"Yeah, it's pretty legit. I really like it. I don't live too far from here, either. So it's perfect."

"I live pretty close, too. Oh, I'm Thomas, by the way." He sticks out his hand.

You shake his hand. "Y/n."

Thomas gets his tokens out of the machine.

"Here, don't worry. I'll buy you some more."

"Oh, no, you really don't have to do that."  But too late. He already put a ten dollar bill in there for you.

"It's alright, you can make it up to me somehow." He winks. "Do you wanna hang out a little after these tokens come out?"

"Oh, uh, that's nice, but-,"

"Y/n? What're you doing over here for so long? I ran out of tokens ages ago." Finn says, walking over. Great.

"Uh," Thomas says.

"Who's he?" Finn asks. "Or, better question, why have you been chatting up my girlfriend for the past eight minutes?"

"Hey, man, I didn't know that she had a boyfriend. She never mentioned it."

"I was about to!" You say.

"Yeah, whatever. Leave her alone, please. I know she's a hot girl in a nerdy ass arcade and it's hard to not talk to her but she's already out of my league and I don't need people trying to take her from me."

Aw, Finn.

"Yeah, yeah ok. I guess I'll just take these then." Thomas grabs the tokens that were supposed to be yours and walks away. You kinda feel bad, but what Finn did was beyond sweet. 

"You're adorable, Finn." You say, looking at your very annoyed boyfriend.

"Whatever. Lets just go."

"What? What about Ms. Pac Man? Or, all the other games?"

"Not in the mood anymore."

You follow Finn as he walks outside, but stopping him while walking.

"Hey, hey, sit down for a sec." The two of you sit down on a bench in the street and you put your hand in Finn's.

"What, y/n?"

"Why so grumpy all of a sudden?"

"I'm not, I'm just- I just don't like it when guys hit on you. It makes me feel less than." Finn says, not making eye contact with you.

"Babe, I know you feel that way, but you have no reason to. I love you. You're my one and only." You kiss his forehead and mess up his hair.

"Promise?" Finn asks.

"I promise. Now, lets go home."