- the start -

"Good morning, princess." Finn says as your eyes open, at first confused about where you are.

"Wait, we got the bed set up?" You ask, sitting up.

"Mhm. We got all of the furniture set up. Do you not remember?"

"Memory's a little fuzzy, but yeah. I remember."

"Yep, everything's here. I'm so happy to be here with you. My beautiful fiancé." Finn kisses you and puts his arm around you.

"Should we explore the area and go for breakfast?" You suggest.

"Absolutely. I'll get dressed."

You and Finn took less than half and hour to get ready, and you head outside and get in the car. Finn's mom let you borrow one of their cars again until the two of you buy one of your own.

You don't have to drive very far to reach an area where there's restaurants and shops and city life. It's still Vancouver, just a totally different area than you're used to being in.

"That place looks cute. It looks like they serve brunch." You say as the two of you drive through a cute and quiet street.

"That looks perfect. Lets do it."

The restaurant is super cute. It's really bright and the waitstaff are really friendly.

"What're you gonna have, Finn?" You ask, still looking at your menu.

"I think... I'm gonna go with blueberry pancakes."

"Sounds good. I'm gonna have an omelette."

After you order, you notice a cute box on the table.

"Table conversations." You say, reading the title. "Endless conversation starters so no table stays silent. Huh, pretty cute. Lets try one." You clear your throat.

"What's your proudest moment?"

Finn nods and thinks for a bit. "Oh, I know. Attending my first award show. Whether I won or not didn't matter, I mean, I was nominated for an actual award with actual actors! It was insane. What about you, babe?"

"Well, actually, yesterday was my proudest moment. You know, the house, and then the ring, and then knowing the man I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with. It was incredible. I was proud of how far I've come from my past to now."

Finn smiles. "Awe, baby. Now you make me feel bad for not giving that answer."

"Don't be ridiculous, Finn. I would never be mad at you for something silly like that. Everyone has their preferences, right?"

"Sure, yeah. You're right. I love you. And I love pancakes, which I'm getting very impatient for at this moment." Finn says, peering around the room in hopes of finding a waiter with your food.

"I'm sure it'll get here soon, Finn. Lets do one more question. You read it."

Finn picks a question from the box.

"Who is the sexiest female that you know? Hm, well, duh. Y/n. Easy. What about you?"

"Finn, read the real question."

"Okay, okay. What would be your dream vacation?"

"Well, personally, I'd say somewhere on a tropical island but with city life included. Like, a tropical city where everyone knows everyone. That way when you get there, you'll never want to go home." You say, drinking out of the complimentary glass of water given to you.

"That sounds very ideal. But for me, I'd pick a beautiful outdoorsy place secluded from everything. Beautiful caves, lakes, and trails. Doesn't that sound great?"

"Absolutely. We should do that." You say.

"We should. Oh, hey, look! There's our food!" Finn says a little too loudly.

"Okay folks, here I have the blueberry pancakes and the omelette with extra vegetables. Can I get you two anything else?" Your waitress asks.

"No, I think we're good. Thank you." Finn says, already cutting into his pancakes.

"Hey, Finn. One second. A cheers to our first meal as an engaged couple," you say, raising your glass.

"Cheers, beautiful. The two of you clink glasses and drink.

"Now, let's eat."