- promise -

"How come I can't see it?" You ask impatiently.

"Because, I told you. It's a surprise."

"So you bought me something that I can't see?"

"I didn't say that you can't see it ever, I just said not right now." Finn puts his arm around you.

"Okay fine but when can I see it?"

"I was thinking about next week sometime."

"NEXT WEEK?"

Finn laughs. "Well, I guess not anymore."

"So, right now then?" You ask.

"You really can't wait?"

"Nope."

"Ugh, fine. Be right back."

For some reason you get a lot of butterflies while Finn is getting the gift. He gets you things all the time, but he's acting different with this one. Surprises also aren't his thing.

He comes back but he doesn't have anything in his hands.

"Close your eyes." He says.

"Okay." You close your eyes.

"Now, open your hands." You feel a tiny box of some sort in your hands.

"Open your eyes."

It is a box. "Can I open it?"

"Mhm." Finn says.

You open it and inside is a beautiful rose gold Pandora ring. Your eyes light up.

"It's a promise ring. I thought you'd like it. But here, don't put it on yet. Let me see it."

"Okay." You hand the box to Finn. He takes the ring out.

"Y/n, I've had relationships. Serious and non-serious. When we first went out, I didn't know what we were. But then we ended up moving in together and spending lots of time together, and I know in my gut that I want you. But you know, we're still too young to do anything crazy, so I bought you this. It's a promise to stay together no matter what. Through thick and thin. Promise?"

You smile and nod. "Promise."

Finn blushes and grabs your left hand. He slips the ring on your finger and you admire it.

"I love it Finn."

"It looks great on you, y/n. But hopefully one day we can replace it with an even better one."

"Sounds like a plan."