- what's new -

(Flashback to a stressful point in y/n and Finn's relationship)

Lately you've been overwhelmed by stress. School is too much, working Finn into your schedule is too much, family issues too much, the list goes on.

You texted Finn to meet you at Panera bread at 3. Just after you got out of school.

You were just about to walk inside when you get a phone call. It's your roommate.

"Hey," you answer.

"Hey girl, you think you can stay out tonight until like 11? My boyfriend is coming over."

"11? How long do you plan on doing it?"

"Don't be judgy. I was gonna make it midnight."

"Yeah whatever. 11 sharp, though."

"Cool. Bye."

You hang up frustratedly. Once you get inside the restaurant you see Finn sitting at a table by the window.

"Food came fast," You say, sitting down.

"Yeah, I got here like 10 minutes ago." Finn said. "So what's new? We never hang out on Tuesday afternoons."

"Uh, I dunno. Just got some stuff to talk about." You say, poking your salad with a fork.

"Y/n. You're not thinking about leaving again, are you?" Finn asks.

"Finn, look. You know I have a ton on my plate right now. I'm in college where I don't even want to be. My roommate sucks. My family misses me back home and they won't forgive me for moving. I've got you here with me but I don't even know how I feel anymore because this relationship moves so damn quickly."

Finn just looks at you.

"Aren't you gonna say something?" You ask.

"Yeah. This is the third time you've thought about leaving."

"Well I told you why, Finn."

"Look I'm sorry that I move too quickly with you. When I asked you to move in with me the other day it was just because I know how terrible your living situation is."

"But I want to move in with you when it feels right. Not just because I need somewhere better to sleep." You say.

"I get that. And I'm sorry for freaking you out."

"It's ok, Finn. I really appreciate you even offering. It's sweet of you."

"Y/n, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why are you in college?"

You pause for a second. "To get a degree?"

"No. I mean why are you currently living at college when you don't wanna be there?"

"Because I don't want my parents to know that the only reason I came to live here was because I'm dating you."

"See. It's not our relationship that's stressful. It's school. And you don't even want to be there. You and I both know that your family wouldn't be thrilled that you came here just for me, but we also know that they would hate to hear that you're unhappy."

You nod. "That's very true. But what am I gonna do for a job? With no degree?"

Finn shrugs. "You'll figure it out. And I'll help you."

You smile. "Thank you, babe. I appreciate you."

"I appreciate you too. Wanna come by my place tonight and watch some movies?"

"Definitely. My stupid roommate wants me out of the room until 11, so I got time." You laugh.

It may have been the third time you were thinking about leaving, but it was also the last. Never again did you ever think that you'd want to leave Finn. Ever.