Chapter 29

Somehow, Lyra had managed to strengthen her will against Itachi's manipulation. She may have fallen into his trap before but there was that single thing that now shielded her; love. It seemed so cliche but love was her strength against him. She was so in love with Sesshomaru that there was no room for his darkness to seep into her heart. She had forgot about it before but Rin had reminded her of it. That was the small push she needed.

When Itachi had taken her, she pretended to fall under his spell again. She detested herself for pretending to be in love with him but it was what she had to do. She could see it in his eyes. If she didn't succumb to his will, he would have killed her. She couldn't put Sesshomaru through that when all he wanted was to keep her alive. When the time came, she would simply beg him for forgiveness. It had already been three days since she was taken but somehow she was managing to stop Itachi from having sex with her. The furthest he had managed to get was her shoulders. She wouldn't allow him further than that. His words echoed in her mind. 'Once you and I have made love, no power in the world can take you from me.'

Just the night previous, he had tried to undress her but she pretended to be tired. To pacify him, she had forced herself to cuddle against him. It was working at least. She could tell he was beginning to grow angry and frustrated though. It wouldn't be long before he did something drastic.

It was morning and Itachi was still fast asleep. Lyra had to take that opportunity to escape, or at the very least find out where the hell she was. She had learned the pattern of his sleep and she still had some time left before he woke up. She carefully moved his arm from around her waist. He began to stir causing her to freeze. Her heart jumped into her throat and she stared at him, praying he didn't wake up. She breathed out in relief as he grew still again.

Slowly, she stood up and snuck out as quietly as possible. It was warm and sunny out, but it wasn't something she could enjoy whilst being imprisoned. And everything was silent. So silent that it almost hurt her ears. Without wasting any time, she began walking away from the hut in the direction she thought was right. She had to trust her instinct. Once she made it to the line of trees surrounding the land, she could feel herself walking through an invisible barrier. She had never made it that far before. Itachi was always there whenever she was outside and he made sure she stayed within the border. 'This must be it. I've made it out of his barrier.' She silently rejoiced. Hopefully Sesshomaru would be able to catch her scent from wherever he was.

With her hopes built, she continued walking but with a bit more speed in her step. She suddenly skidded to a stop though. She had to be clever about it. There was the chance that Itachi would go after her once he discovered she was gone. Touching her necklace, she closed her eyes. The last thing she wanted was for him to search for her. But she needed to think ahead just for the possibility.

It pained her to do it but it had to be done. She unclasped the hook of her necklace and took it off. Gazing at it longingly in her hands, she hoped her plan would work. She brought it up to her lips and placed a kiss on it. 'Please let this work. Become a beacon for Sesshomaru.' She gripped onto it and looked ahead. With as much force as possible, she threw it as far as she could into the trees. She watched it as it seemed to fly through the trees, the stones glittering as the sun hit against it.

"Lyra."

She jumped at the extra voice and quickly turned around. Her breathing hitched in her throat.

"Itachi..." she breathed out.

There was a small frown on his face as he made his way towards her. Each step he took seemed like an extra ten years was being added onto her imprisonment. She gulped quietly once he stopped in front of her.